World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if olivers in clevedon is open tomorrow? if not its off to burnham to get some worm

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
anyone know if olivers in clevedon is open tomorrow? if not its off to burnham to get some worm
Here you go mate.

Olivers Angling, 10 Alexandra Rd, Clevedon, Tel: 01275 871590
Opening times: 7am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday. Closed Wednesday. 7am – 7pm Friday. 7am – 6pm Saturday. 7am – 12pm Sunday.
Bait: Lug and rag daily. Peeler crabs when available. Good supply of frozen baits

or try.

Reel Fun Fishing
Portishead Quays Marina
Portishead
BS20 7DF
Tel. 01275 848652
www.reelfunfishing.co.uk.
Opening times: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 8am – 1pm Wednesday. 7am – 5pm Saturday. 7am – 12pm Sunday.
Bait: lug and rag daily, peeler crab when available. Good supply of frozen baits

Best of Luck.:victory:

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where you going, I can't make my mind up between up channel for sole or down channel for smutts.
i was planning on hitting the ledges, unless you got a better idea paul?

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here you go mate.

Olivers Angling, 10 Alexandra Rd, Clevedon, Tel: 01275 871590
Opening times: 7am – 5.30pm Monday to Thursday. Closed Wednesday. 7am – 7pm Friday. 7am – 6pm Saturday. 7am – 12pm Sunday.
Bait: Lug and rag daily. Peeler crabs when available. Good supply of frozen baits

or try.

Reel Fun Fishing
Portishead Quays Marina
Portishead
BS20 7DF
Tel. 01275 848652
www.reelfunfishing.co.uk.
Opening times: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. 8am – 1pm Wednesday. 7am – 5pm Saturday. 7am – 12pm Sunday.
Bait: lug and rag daily, peeler crab when available. Good supply of frozen baits

Best of Luck.:victory:
cheers karl :thumbs: just what i wanted to hear

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I've got no idea at all. Apart from my usual place I can't hit anywhere at the right time at the moment, I've changed my mind about 4 times so far! :crazy:
hmmmmmmmm bit far to walk to "tippers rock" and dont fancy those steps in the rain. i was thinking the deep water at the ledges and not to much pull from the medium tide coupled with the winds we had could have stirred it up a bit and may well fish its tits off...........but i have been wrong in the past many a time! did consider chesil after chris hauled in all those hounds but again its a long way to go for a few pout if it goes wrong. lower light aint worth getting muddy for imo and knightstone is too expensive to park during the day so the last easy venue for me is the ledges. just hope the logic pays off lol

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Darren/Paul - good luck on wherever you decide I'm off up the tanks for a sesh, haven't been out for a few weeks now so we'll see whats about!

Will let you know how I get on!

Cheers

Musky

·
Registered
936 Posts
why not put in a low water sesh in hope of a bass/smut. cud try somewhere like m.o.d if u havent fished it before? somewhere new.

o, and i wud join u but im showin merlin how to fly fish tomoro so were off on chew valley.:boat::boat:

good luck though guys.
john

and muskins, have to catch up soon. and well done on the bristol water teams comp:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
936 Posts
just realised this was posted yesterday...oops

·
Doggystyles
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just realised this was posted yesterday...oops
lol its cool mate i just got back from the ledges now. my logic didnt pay off, i had a big fat blank there. there were about 3 other lads down there (if any of you are on here hello!:fishing1:) i had no bites at all and they only managed a codling between them. it was completely rubbish and ive now come to the conclusion what i actually have sat in my shed is a few hundred quids worth of crab line lol

oh well off down chesil in a bit for a crack at the hounds so i'll report back tomorrow :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Woke up feeling rough this morning so chickened out and went local, but for a change I decided to fish close in for bass on sandeel and rag. Didn't work though, missed a real slammer soon after starting, had it on for 10-15 secs and the hook pulled, reckon it was a bass from the bite and feel of it and quite a good one too. After that just a doggy and a snotty close in, so I tried just past the rocks in the hope of a flatty on rag with flapper rigs and got 3 rays, one of them on the top hook! I really do have shiny spherical objects with rays at the moment but pants on anything else.

Good luck down the south coast, reckon you could be onto a winner with these conditions, going to give it a try next weekend if the weeds not too bad.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Unlucky Darren, Dont know whats going on in the channel recently seems like all the fish have buggered off, lets hope Chesil turns up trumps for you.
Hopefully out next Friday lets hope something switches on by then. The sole should be showing soon hopefully. Enjoy Chesil mate.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hi guys,

Fared pretty much the same, despite some fab lug I had 3 bites.....

1) a knock that turned into nothing.. :0(

2) a good knock that then lifted the rod out the rest it was on until the shallows... tried to swing a 3lb bass out of the water.....one shake of its head and its gone!! Must try harder ...should've known better!! :0((

3) Another good knock and a fine Silver eel at about 1.5lbs not seen one like that for a year or two! Lip hooked so back to fight another day .... and save me the mess of cleaning slime off everything!!

It's gotta get better soon ...hasn't it?

Musky

PS heard 3rd hand reports of a an 8lb bass off of Seaton last night..conditions were right so could be time to head south!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Muskins what sort of range you take the Bass at. Been a few comming out the river recently, (well before the rain anyway) including one of 5lb from seamills of all places.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Karlos,

Hi - the bass came quite close - 50 - 60 yds. I have been fishing one rod 'short' over the 18 months and results have been promising (can't say 'good' because form a personal point of view I did much better 2/3 years ago!!) but at venues like the Tanks, sand point (sandbay side over high) and Kingston the close rod has given better results overall.

I think the fish and particularly the codling sep - dec up river (tanks - severn beach) are after the shrimp which are always in the shallow water!!

Cheers

Mucky - after falling off the 'plank of death' at the tanks today!!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Cheers muskins or mucky. lol. I find the same most fish come quite close in (good for me cause my castings crap anyway) Im surprised that planks still there by the tanks, did you park by the gate/building over the flyover. or walk in along the bank.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Karlos,

There's several planks...the biggest one is me try goin' over lol!!

I find that (currently, and it does change) its easiest to walk 3/4 of the way to the sea and then check for the easiest place to cross. You can, in the right place just step across. Any way coming back today I collected a suitable looking 'plank' to help me BUT it let me down halfway across!!

I parked a few yards past the entrance to the petrol compound nad walk round ..It will be good after the big tides in September!!

Musky

PS Nick Snow says so!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Karlos,

Mucky - after falling off the 'plank of death' at the tanks today!!

the plank of death. i dont miss it one bit. havent ventured that way in quite a while. tbh a leap of faith is probably a safer option, especially when its been raining and the plank is slippery as ****.

john

·
Registered
399 Posts
Karlos,

There's several planks...the biggest one is me try goin' over lol!!

I find that (currently, and it does change) its easiest to walk 3/4 of the way to the sea and then check for the easiest place to cross. You can, in the right place just step across. across!!

Any way coming back today I collected a suitable looking 'plank' to help me BUT it let me down halfway
I parked a few yards past the entrance to the petrol compound nad walk round ..It will be good after the big tides in September!!

Musky

PS Nick Snow says so!!
Lol! hello Musky (Many-rods), how are you mate?

Any way coming back today I collected a suitable looking 'plank' to help me BUT it let me down
Reminds me of someone !!!!! (Timothy) :unsure:

No joy at the tanks then? If my memory serves me, you had a blinder at the tanks this weekend two years ago? what a difference a year or two makes!

Brooding female shrimp migration explains it.

Catch you soon matey (September big tide?)

Nobber.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts