World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all , just wondering if these guys have a good stock of lugworms in , was looking at having a crack up that way next month and wondered if it was worth ringing a few days in advance to be sure ? also do they sell them as fresh outs or wrapped ?
cheers dd :)

·
Registered
902 Posts
hello all , just wondering if these guys have a good stock of lugworms in , was looking at having a crack up that way next month and wondered if it was worth ringing a few days in advance to be sure ? also do they sell them as fresh outs or wrapped ?
Olivers have fresh outs and I've found them to be of good quality and size on the few occasions I've bought them from there. Won't do any harm to ring beforehand though, just to make sure they have some!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent cheers for that :victory: also does anyone know what the tides are like on the last weekend of this month and the first of the next ? i tried a google search but couldnt find nothing ?! i was looking at fishing layde bay as i've read on here that it can be fished low to high water ?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Weston-super-Mare isn't far from Clevedon and there are two tackle shops that have bait. Colin's place (CJ Enterprises) is the better of the two places, it's on Milton Road. Bit further to go but between the two of them they'll have it in. Colin's normally got every type of bait under the sun too - loads and them some. There are places in Bristol though which will be more on your route down from Herts.

Tide times are available on the net from The Weston Mercury's web site. Clevedon's so close that the times should only be about 10-15 mins different.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for that , just found it , ones an 8 m the other is an 11 m , is the 11 fishable or would it be better on the 8 ? sorry for all the qs but i never fished there before ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
here at clevedon you can fish either tide it all depends where you fish as to whether you fish the high or low, as i live here i have fished most states of the tide with much the same results, As far as olivers are concerned they are mostly ok for worm but on the odd ossasion have ran out or suffered delivery problems, if travelling a distance as you are it wouid be wise to phone him in advance and book your worm or at least make sure he has enough, if you need any advice on the marks to fish around here by all means send us a pm and i will do my best to help you, if the times ok and your ok i may even join you.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I live in Weston but have never fished Clevedon. In Weston the tidal range is the second largest in the world which means you HAVE to fish the high tide and can only really do the highest of tides for any serious amount of time. Clevedon may be very different though. I know they've got a pier and quite a few places that I've heard of other than that. Phone Oliver's and ask them what the best thing to do would be. I've been in there a couple of times and I reckon he's the sort of bloke that would know absolutely everything that happens in the area.

Local knowledge man! Give him a rumble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Graham and Marie at Olivers in Clevedon run a great shop. Quality Rag and Lug along with great range of frozen bait. Give them a ring on 01275871590 for info and to book live bait.
All the best!:fishing:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I went up that way last year year, I rung oliver a couple of days before hand and he had all my lug waiting for me. Quality worms and quality service.:thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts