World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,

i have a pair of 525 mag2's for average fishing which i like very much , but i'm looking for a couple of light/clean beach multipliers for summer fishing .
I have been looking at the Akios shuttle which seems fine , but a bit pricey for a reel that won't be use very often .
I also saw the Omoto chief xtreme which is quite cheaper and wonder if anyone has ever used one and what are the opinion about this reel : casting , retrieve (what about the high speed ratio 6,3:1?) , general build quality ... ? any help would be great : OMOTO FISHING TACKLE

Thank's , Gert

·
Registered
21,123 Posts
Hi all ,

i have a pair of 525 mag2's for average fishing which i like very much , but i'm looking for a couple of light/clean beach multipliers for summer fishing .
I have been looking at the Akios shuttle which seems fine , but a bit pricey for a reel that won't be use very often .
I also saw the Omoto big chief xtreme which is quite cheaper and wonder if anyone has ever used one and what are the opinion about this reel : casting , retrieve (what about the high speed ratio 6,3:1?) , general build quality ... ? any help would be great : OMOTO FISHING TACKLE

Thank's , Gert
:clap3: Looks like a good spec. I believe Omoto make reels for some well known brands so I suspect this would be as good as those brands, and may be better if they've combined their best in to their reels. Worth a punt, especially if you have a reliable local dealer for any warranty problems or spares. :clap3:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
:clap3: Looks like a good spec. I believe Omoto make reels for some well known brands so I suspect this would be as good as those brands, and may be better if they've combined their best in to their reels. Worth a punt, especially if you have a reliable local dealer for any warranty problems or spares. :clap3:
Hi Gert,Its very popular over here its priced at S$170(abt 83pounds your money)my good buddy has one and likes it very much says casts and fishes well very similar to the akios quality seems theres some link about the similarities.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
Had them apart and they are okayish ... but the quality of materials and build on the ones I've had apart didn't seem as good as the Akios or the Omoto-made ABUs. I've only serviced and not used but with light use and care I can't see that much of an issue and I've seen worst reels from supposedly better brands.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ,

thank's all for the replies .
It was an interesting reel especialy for the price but unfortunately the dealer who used to sell them in the Benelux told me he's out of stock and they won't be available in Europe anymore ... i guess i'm gonna have to save a little longer for a shuttle or a 7HT mag ! :yeah:

Gert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts