World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Team Saltist
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...

Its time to look for a large bass but where oh where?????????????????????????????????

cowboy needs all the help he can get, distance is not a problem, bait is not a problem, just need a good location???????????????????

answers on a postcard plz lol lol

all offers accepted of your best venues and i won,t tell a sole honestly :oops::doh::doh:

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
OK...

Its time to look for a large bass but where oh where?????????????????????????????????

cowboy needs all the help he can get, distance is not a problem, bait is not a problem, just need a good location???????????????????

answers on a postcard plz lol lol

all offers accepted of your best venues and i won,t tell a sole honestly :oops::doh::doh:
Andi, you need to hit a bubble float about 275yrds at monknash, with half a peeled spider crab attached to an 8'0' viking pennel rig, whilst listening to ABBA's greatest hits, but this must be achieved during a hunters moon, (god i wish i was able to do that, without the ABBA,, LOL)

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
hi there andy mate ,
the sea life centre in torquay got a couple of double figure fish in their tanks sorry butt i just couldnt help myself

·
Team Keens
2,386 Posts
Andi, you need to hit a bubble float about 275yrds at monknash, with half a peeled spider crab attached to an 8'0' viking pennel rig, whilst listening to ABBA's greatest hits, but this must be achieved during a hunters moon, (god i wish i was able to do that, without the ABBA,, LOL)
LMFAO :lmao::lmao::lmao:

·
Team Saltist
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
andi, you need to hit a bubble float about 275yrds at monknash, with half a peeled spider crab attached to an 8'0' viking pennel rig, whilst listening to abba's greatest hits, but this must be achieved during a hunters moon, (god i wish i was able to do that, without the abba,, lol)
u nutter lol lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
the sea life centre up here relised a bass that i was told was nearly 20lb so find that and you have got ur self a stonker lol my best bass from wales was from pendine sands next to the rocks at the west end below the pub on frsh peeler about 8 years ago it weighed 8 lb 5 oz

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
stick it out by the old slip way in ogmore approx 30-50yrds with a maccy head and guts or a big squid bait you will get what your looking for. just don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
obviously the loughor estuary. have you seen the "reports" lately?

·
Premium Member
38,255 Posts
It is luck of the draw mate, for forty years plus I have been looking for a shore double.

I have had the bad luck to witness three being caught two of which where caught by the same person and on both occasions I was fishing alongside him using the same rigs and bait, one at Sandbanks Ferry and one at Poole Bridge.

The third was caught at Bury Port a few years back of the back of the light house wall.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Andii come down here more ill get you a nice bass.
for some reason some peeps on ere get jealous if other peeps catch and they dont i can see your not one of them well done m8, when i take people out on my boat as long as there are fish being caught im happy even if i dont get a bite.

·
Welsh Dangler
3,340 Posts
There are loads of places where bass can be caught...I think catching decent ones is all about putting the hours in.
Most of the marks that consisttenetly show good fish are further West

Only advice I'd give as I'm no expert is pick a mark that has the potential or has shown bass in the past and persevere until it comes good.
Try different conditions, tides and baits until something happens and then go back and try it when the conditions seem right again.

Earlier in the year we fished a mark about 6 times without a bite, enduring weedy nights, losing gear and generally crap fishing. We came very close to giving up on the mark, but went back for one last go and saw a good one landed and managed one myself.......been back a few times and have done ok

Good luck

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
over the years i have had hundreds of bass but not yet a double,a few 7s and a pb of 8 1/2lb but one day lol.my secret in getting a few fish is not to cast to far and i fish the first 2 hours of the flood on most of my marks.

remember iv seen you cast ,so try not to cast to far 20 30yrds .
good luck and like most carp anglers looking for the big fish you have to put the hours in.
tight lines roamer.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
for some reason some peeps on ere get jealous if other peeps catch and they dont
like who? i haven't fished with you so you can't be talking about me. :g:

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
I fished Cefn Sidan for 25 yrs waiting for the big one! My avatar shows the result! and that was a fluke!
Seriously do some home work on here ,trawl through the pages and I mean go back a few years , the lads down in deepest west wales used to post regularly on their bass catches, pick a couple of marks and concentrate on them .

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
well i'm a prime example of not catching much of decent size over my yrs of fishing and it aint from lack of trying either just ask the lads on here i fish with. as roger said it's luck with a bit of good bait thrown in.if you have a bit of both you'll catch look at my 2 pb's 2 weeks ago that sez it all..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts