World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads,
Dont expect many replies on this one, but here goes.
Has anybody fished Elmley Ferry from the mainland side. There is a couple of barge 'wrecks' and it 'looks' fishy, maybe for mullet or Bass. Anyone know of this spot, reached via Tonge. Dave Oldman , :wave:, you seem a knowledgable chap!!

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
I reckon that will be dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,he be knowledgeable about sheerness way

G

·
elmley is a very good low water spot.fish in the channel at the end of the causeway for big eel's this time of the year.as the tide comes up over the mud banks,cast towards the barge thing that is furthest out.u get bass around that.

used to be good for flounders too but not too good any more.rag is the bait but i'm told lug works as well.maddies will get u the odd flounder.

the road up to there is horrendous.better off taking a pushbike.

i just wish i had more time to fish places like this.not fished it in a while now and keep promising myself i will get along there,it just don't seem to happen though.:sad:

it's only a ten minute bike ride from here too!

·
Banned
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
elmley is a very good low water spot.fish in the channel at the end of the causeway for big eel's this time of the year.as the tide comes up over the mud banks,cast towards the barge thing that is furthest out.u get bass around that.

used to be good for flounders too but not too good any more.rag is the bait but i'm told lug works as well.maddies will get u the odd flounder.

the road up to there is horrendous.better off taking a pushbike.

i just wish i had more time to fish places like this.not fished it in a while now and keep promising myself i will get along there,it just don't seem to happen though.:sad:

it's only a ten minute bike ride from here too!
Thanks very much for that Dave, not worried about the 'road', i got me a huge 4x4, go over anything. Will give it a shot in the next week or so, let you know how i get on. Cheers bud.

G

·
Thanks very much for that Dave, not worried about the 'road', i got me a huge 4x4, go over anything. Will give it a shot in the next week or so, let you know how i get on. Cheers bud.
no probs at all mate.

if u have any peeler this will also be a great bait as well.do what i do mate,drive it up on top of the wall.u can keep an eye out for it that way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi lads,
Dont expect many replies on this one, but here goes.
Has anybody fished Elmley Ferry from the mainland side. There is a couple of barge 'wrecks' and it 'looks' fishy, maybe for mullet or Bass. Anyone know of this spot, reached via Tonge. Dave Oldman , :wave:, you seem a knowledgable chap!!
hi mate
used to fish abit further around towards conyer we had permisson to cross farmland via blacketts lane we used to reckon the best fishing was when the rape was in flower probably just coinciding with the peelers being around had some bass up to 3lb no flounder or eels

G

·
hi mate
used to fish abit further around towards conyer we had permisson to cross farmland via blacketts lane we used to reckon the best fishing was when the rape was in flower probably just coinciding with the peelers being around had some bass up to 3lb no flounder or eels
:clap3::clap3::clap3:

spot on mate.

used to be good for the flounder,but no more.loads of mullet up there too.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
wat has hapend to all the flat fish??????:help:it seems there on the decline as many places i used to get flatties seem to be devoid of mr flounder mrs dab and uncle sole cant seem to fined a reason why :whistlingthis is happening or is it im just liveing in the past :wheelchailol captin flat less:drunk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts