World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Just testing Ticker's memory... see if he can spot anybody he knows on this video I made in 1980 bass fishing at Saundersfoot.
The film was originaly done 8mm film..... Sandersfoot Bass fishing 1980_0001.wmv
sorry i failed again.....

TRUE BLANK comes to the rescue again.... cheers mate.....video on the2nd reply down....

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Hi there
Just testing Ticker's memory... see if he can spot anybody he knows on this video I made in 1980 bass fishing at Saundersfoot.
The film was originaly done 8mm film..... Sandersfoot Bass fishing 1980_0001.wmv
No link mate??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mate
I think its because I'm on the works computer... being blocked i think.... anyway thanks again... lost without your input... so cheers for that....
Regards Ray

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Good evening Ray,

Thank you very much for thinking of me and drawing my attention to that precious bit of sea angling history, captured in your video. The faces do look familiar but it is such a long time ago I regret to say that their names elude me. Those days were definitely tops for bass fishing and there are some superb fish displayed in your movie. There is one chap, right at the end holding up a good sized bass to the camera, and I have recollections that he lived in Llanharan.

The other thing I wanted to say was how much I enjoyed your other movie covering the recent visit to Norway. What a beautiful, isolated place and the fishing was obviously memorable.

I have fond memories of early visits to southern Ireland back in the 70's, before it became popular to do so, and the country became modernised.

Once again, I really do appreciate that dip into the past and thank you,

Best regards,

Ticker (Derek)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ticker
The guy holding the 10lb bass up is none other than the late 'Steve Lane' I'm sure you remember him... the scruffy long haired hippy is none other than me.... also in the video is my late father George and also Peter Reynolds plus Gorden Brown ( no not that one )..... We went every year to Saundersfoot for a weeks fishing and always came away with some really nice fish... I myself caught two over 10lbs in 2 days... very difficult to do these days... I have some more old films of us fishing in the 80s and will put them on youtube fairly soon.
Norway was something else... I've been very lucky to fish in many places on this planet of ours, but nothing comes close to this beautifull coastline.
Can't wait to go again.....
Regards Ray

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No live sandeel in those days , or shads , just a side of fresh mackerel on a long flowing trace bounced along the bottom.... worked a treat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.