World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I look through the mags and web pages for some items of tackle and can't see exactly what I want or am prepared to pay so I phone Tony - I generally get some one else first but he's the guy that makes the decisions.

I did that yesterday afternoon on an odd rod and reel combo that nobody listed and got a truly excellent deal and it came this morning well packed at a reasonable cost and sent with a truly friendly service.

I've never seen a plug for them on this sight and they definitely deserve a one. I've also received excellent advice in the past and had amazing deals on items he doesn't list and just happen to have in the shop. The man must have a phobia about things gathering dust. Maybe it's a warehouse - I don't know I've never been there.

I emailed Gerries for a quote the day before and still haven't received an answer. Phone calls haven't been much use in the past either.

It's nice to know that at least one large scale dealer offers good service.

John

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Sorry John he has been posted try buying a ZZIPLEX pay in advance and wait and wait mts ,but then whos perfect, thing is he has lost my custom and you can only speek as you find

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think if you enquired you would find there is often a supply problem with zziplex so it very likely it isn't his problem or maybe he didn't get his allocation. Or maybe he took orders for more than they can cope with. Me I will generally only ever buy what's in stock. That's what I was pointing out too - he is very good for that.
Ordering is often problematic with many makes - Some years ago I ordered a pair of daiwa amorphous wisker beach casters from a local tackle shop. They took 6weeks to arrive even though the dealer was told that they were ex stock. No point blaming the dealer. Many of the manufacturers and distributors live in wonderful ivory towers and just let the dealers take the stick. Be fair. I know for a fact that zziplex can take months to even respond to a tackle shop.

John

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
True, has been for many years, but if you want the sea angling equivalent of a cross between a Rolls-Royce and a Ferrari, the wait is worth it. While you wait, use a R.T./Shakespeare/Fladen/AFAW, then try to PX for the Zziplex and you'll find out what the previous rod was really worth!!

philtherod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts