World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Even the gulls are struggling to get through the doggies, he woofed that down pretty quick, must of been barking mad:)

Reactions: jbsarn

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
You have to ask why the gull tackled a doggy, it must have been bleedin starving, is there a shortage of fish in the sea?:eek:

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
i doubt it will survive , no way even a gulls stomach can digest a doggies skin ....gonna be some seriously blocked guts......................and if by miracle it does come out i hope to god i'm not anywhere near at the time !!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nature can be strange. I once caught a Pollack that had already swallowed a rockling so large that 3 inches of the Rocklings tail was sticking out it's gut and back into it's throat ......... and it STILL took my Sidewinder Sandeel!!

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
i doubt it will survive , no way even a gulls stomach can digest a doggies skin ....gonna be some seriously blocked guts......................and if by miracle it does come out i hope to god i'm not anywhere near at the time !!!
I think you underestimate the gulls stomach acid !

Have seen gulls swallow doggie skins many times when boat fishing after a bit of harsh weather.
Chicken bones are another gull favourite !:eek:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
You have to ask why the gull tackled a doggy, it must have been bleedin starving, is there a shortage of fish in the sea?:eek:
I think the Gull was doing it for a bet and what you fail to see is the other 100 Gulls just to the one side of him laughing their nuts off ;)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Nature can be strange. I once caught a Pollack that had already swallowed a rockling so large that 3 inches of the Rocklings tail was sticking out it's gut and back into it's throat ......... and it STILL took my Sidewinder Sandeel!!
After a humdinger of a winter storm a few years ago, there was a big wash-up of stuff on Borth Beach so I went to gather clams etc for bait/supper. In among the weed and debris, I found several dead whiting, all of which had made the same mistake. The storm had killed a number of corkwing wrasse along the reef and the whiting had found them and attempted to swallow then whole, head first. Each one had a corkwing sticking out of its mouth. It would be like me trying to swallow a one-pound bass whole!

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Amazing birds! I remember rowing between parents and their dozen ducklings. Without warning a Great Black backed gull dived bombed the family and within seconds swallowed the lot leaving the parents swimming around bereft! It's all down to greediness and stomach acid!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts