World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

If I may, I would like to indulge in what for me was one of the best day's fishing I have ever had.

Headed to Tayport to dig some fresh lugs at low tide - 07:30, needn't have bothered, nothing worth threading a hook. As I had loads of time til High Tide, I reckoned I would head to Shell Bay near Elie as I used to go there as a bairn and dig up bucket loads of lug, rag and sand eel.

Needn't have bothered!!! Was nothing like I remember, not a single morsel.

Headed to Cupar to get prawns from the supermarket and thought I would do some flattie bashing in Wormit Bay as I had never been and heard it was a good spot.

Simple rig, 3 hook flapper, using size 4 hooks. Fished the incoming tide and up til an hour past.

First cast produced a double header of a flounder and a plaice, the latter being 25cm head to tail.

Subsequent casts produced plenty of fine sized flooks and, much to my surprise and delight, a small codling. All caught on cooked Tiger Prawns.

This form continued up until the last cast, the rod tip going daft as I hooked into a fine sea trout. My first sea trout ever! A fine specimen of at least 1lb and half. At time of writing I am salting it in preparation for a homemade smoke job later tonight!

All in all I landed 8 flooks, 1 plaice, 1 codling and a sea trout.

Oh and the sun was shining all day, so was a brilliant way to spend a few hours by the Tay.

Tight lines guys and cheers to Wormit Bay! :notworthy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts