World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected a good supply of peeler, softies and crinklies for the weekends sport. Decided that as Carsethorn was too predictable I would venture a bit further afield and search for quality rather than quantity. Went long walk to Rough Firth, and caught neither quantity or quality. Only caught two flounder which were no bigger than the best ones from Carsethorn. Nice sunny weather, but a strong South Easterly stirred up the sea making it a bit rough and very coloured. That is my excuse anyway. On way home clutch packed up, had to get towed home by the AA, So no fishing tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Unlucky, all that preparation collecting bait aswell. Nevermind a bad days fishing beats a good days work. Or so they tell me!:)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
aye dabhand , a bad days fishin is still better than a bad hangover :giveup: :giveup: bad luck with the clutch though :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye, canny really complain about the fishing. Trying to explain where I was broken down to the AA control was not too clever, I told them I was at the village of Kirkgunzeon, but they never heard of it. thankfully the repair man knew exactly where it was, and arrived very promptly. I thought it was about to go, as smelt it burning en route to fishing mark, so released about 50 prime crabs, Hope they loiter there till next week.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nae luck Dab Hand - bummer about the clutch :schmoll:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Peter , it is poor at Rough Firth just now, tried both bays, one for plaice with lug, and the other with crab for flounder/bass, but it is a bit early yet. will give you a buzz when things improve, and hopefuly yourself and friends are able to come down and have a good days sport. Must get you that elusive bass this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts