The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
no but im sure thats this fella

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
anyone one ever orderd from these im wanting some raggies for weekend
http://www.bandtc.co.uk/index.php?page=shopping&action=returntoshop
Im a bit late with this because you have already ordered, but for future referance I would steer clear of this mob, I spent £40 on bait + £14 on delivery (next day before 12) & had to throw half of it away, most of the raggies were near dead, mushy & in bits & the lug were really really small, I`m not saying that the lug werent fresh but the rag were stinking & they were all very poorly packed oh & only one small ice pack to last all the way to Lanarkshire............think the cleaner was on overtime!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im a bit late with this because you have already ordered, but for future referance I would steer clear of this mob, I spent £40 on bait + £14 on delivery (next day before 12) & had to throw half of it away, most of the raggies were near dead, mushy & in bits & the lug were really really small, I`m not saying that the lug werent fresh but the rag were stinking & they were all very poorly packed oh & only one small ice pack to last all the way to Lanarkshire............think the cleaner was on overtime!!!
Ok Fair comment.
So you phoned us and asked if we could do something about it did you.
Its all very well coming on places like this and slagging shops and private suppliers off.
However, IF you had a problem and did not phone us to tell us that there was a problem, then to be honest I dont understand why you coming on here and slagging us off.
Yes its possible like all suppliers, sometimes things do go wrong.
I am sure almost every shop or supplier has peolple like you that come on just to slag someone off.To be honest and I will say it on here, people like you **** me off.
You are quite happy to air your views on here but made no effort to contact us and see if we could help you.

I dont know when you made the order, but two points.
One next day midday service is £16.
Two the lug we have been selling over the spring and summer period has been excellent.
Ragworm poorly packed, sorry I dont think so.
One small ice pack, that lasts for a long time. The purpose is to keep the temperature down, it still works when partly or even defrosted.
We have many many very happy anglers that use us all the time, however due to the nature of the beast things do go wrong sometimes.
If you dont have the simple method of letting us know, like all companies, how can we improve and strive to be as near to faultless as we can get.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i'll see how it goes im hopeing they gonna be good cause £40 is a lot for me

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I feel for any bait company trying to provide live to those who can't source locally.

They are at the mercy of their courrier and they in turn are at the mercy of our totally hopeless road system.

Never ordered bait on line so have no right to comment really, plenty of bait on my doorstep and I enjoy collecting it.

Point I would like to make, please forgive, is how many ice packs do you put in live rag, too many, you freeze em, dead mush. Not enough and if the courrier has had grief, breakdown, traffic holdup, roadworks, whatever, you end up with mush. Same with lug, whatever.

How hard is it for these companies to package your bait with so many variables? They are working from experience and hope you get prime bait, they are not going to dispatch mush, why bother, just bank your money and don't deliver anything.

What I will say from what I have read is if these companies are aware of a delay they will and do sort it at their commercial loss and to your satisfaction and a big up to them, once in the hands of the carrier it is contractually down to them to deliver within their timetable.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ok Fair comment.
So you phoned us and asked if we could do something about it did you.
Its all very well coming on places like this and slagging shops and private suppliers off.
However, IF you had a problem and did not phone us to tell us that there was a problem, then to be honest I dont understand why you coming on here and slagging us off.
Yes its possible like all suppliers, sometimes things do go wrong.
I am sure almost every shop or supplier has peolple like you that come on just to slag someone off.To be honest and I will say it on here, people like you **** me off.
You are quite happy to air your views on here but made no effort to contact us and see if we could help you.

I dont know when you made the order, but two points.
One next day midday service is £16.
Two the lug we have been selling over the spring and summer period has been excellent.
Ragworm poorly packed, sorry I dont think so.
One small ice pack, that lasts for a long time. The purpose is to keep the temperature down, it still works when partly or even defrosted.
We have many many very happy anglers that use us all the time, however due to the nature of the beast things do go wrong sometimes.
If you dont have the simple method of letting us know, like all companies, how can we improve and strive to be as near to faultless as we can get.

Sorry if I offended you & I`m certainly not slagging your service off, delivery was first class, I myself own & run two very successful services business & know how important customer satisfaction is, however I`m just giving others the heads up on the quality of bait that you supplied me not others,...how else do I let other people know?? smoke signals. As for complaining, well whats the point as I was heading on a fishing trip the very next day, would you have driven to the mark with some fresh stuff?? I think not! Oh and if it was a refund that I was after then that too would probably find some lame excuse like all mickey mouse suppliers come up with when they cant handle a bit of criticism.

I`m sorry if my posts put people off buying bait from you, however if some quality control was in place then "people like me" would have no reason to "P*** you off"

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
There lies the other problem for live bait suppliers, the order is timed to deliver just prior to the intended session to have prime bait can't blame you, I would, but that causes huge logistical problems for the despatcher. Guess you realise that, doesn't make it any easier though?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I feel for any bait company trying to provide live to those who can't source locally.

They are at the mercy of their courrier and they in turn are at the mercy of our totally hopeless road system.

Never ordered bait on line so have no right to comment really, plenty of bait on my doorstep and I enjoy collecting it.

Point I would like to make, please forgive, is how many ice packs do you put in live rag, too many, you freeze em, dead mush. Not enough and if the courrier has had grief, breakdown, traffic holdup, roadworks, whatever, you end up with mush. Same with lug, whatever.

How hard is it for these companies to package your bait with so many variables? They are working from experience and hope you get prime bait, they are not going to dispatch mush, why bother, just bank your money and don't deliver anything.

What I will say from what I have read is if these companies are aware of a delay they will and do sort it at their commercial loss and to your satisfaction and a big up to them, once in the hands of the carrier it is contractually down to them to deliver within their timetable.
The highlighted text is what all bait supply companies rely on for the final delivery of the bait. It doesn't matter how good the bait is when it leaves a supplier if the courier doesn't stoor or handle it correctly then the bait can arrive in a poor condition. This is of no fault of any supplier anywhere in the country.

A very well made point, thank you Chris

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are they in sea peat or as displayed in tubs
of not i'll nip out in morning to get some sea peat

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry if I offended you & I`m certainly not slagging your service off, delivery was first class, I myself own & run two very successful services business & know how important customer satisfaction is, however I`m just giving others the heads up on the quality of bait that you supplied me not others,...how else do I let other people know?? smoke signals. As for complaining, well whats the point as I was heading on a fishing trip the very next day, would you have driven to the mark with some fresh stuff?? I think not! Oh and if it was a refund that I was after then that too would probably find some lame excuse like all mickey mouse suppliers come up with when they cant handle a bit of criticism.

I`m sorry if my posts put people off buying bait from you, however if some quality control was in place then "people like me" would have no reason to "P*** you off"
That is the most sarcastic sorry I have ever received. How can you critise my service and not even give me an opportunity to redeem the situation at the time, you make assumptions of my responce that are unfounded.

You say you run two sucessful companies yourself, well if that is the case you will understand the importance of customer feedback. If bait leaves us in perfect condition but arrives with a customer in a less than satisfactory condition then the 'quality control' lies with the customer.

By the way, as you were not going fishing until the day after you recieved the bait we may have been able to get more to you, but then you wouldn't know that because you didn't even ask!

As the saying goes if you don't ask you don't get!

I didn't realise micky mouse suppliers were so sucessful they have been running for over 20 years.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Do I get a discount then Ray?

Joking mate, no way can you compete with my local beach 1/2 a mile away, wouldn't expect you to even try, lug , rag, mussel, peeler, softies, razors cockle, clam and sandel on tap depending on tide, and wouldn't accept if if you did. Just trying to be a realist, 400 miles of our roads to deliver live bait on time and in prime condition, You got my respect if you can and you are a braver man than I am for even trying.

I believe you send it out, appropriately packaged and in prime condition as it leaves, ain't going to be in business long if you don't.

If it doesn't arrive the same I honestly believe you need to be given the opportunity to explain or sort it at your disgression. I believe most of your problems will be caused by delays due to traffic whilst with courrier.

My only surprise is that courriers still offer 'before' delivery to be honest.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No the tubs displayed were there to show the bait.
They are wrapped in 1/4kg packs with sea peat.
thankyou

what i'll do is when i recive them friday i will leave a report on what how i think they like i'll even put pics on how they look in box etc just so others can see

ade

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Do you mean you havn't even taken delivery of your order yet???

The cynic in me tells me this post was motivated to get you a guaranteed delivery of prime bait, tell me it ain't so.

The shippers at the end of the day are subject to carrier and the road they use to get to you.

Please tell me I am well wide of the mark?

·
Registered
181 Posts
In the interests of clarification, is 1/4kg the gross weight of the package or of the worms contained within?
It amazed me when I read on here a few weeks ago the same question.
I am bound by law to sell you 1/4kg of worms.
We even always put a few grammes/ozs whatever over the top.
I cant even believe I could get away with selling 1/4kg rag mixed with peat, as its quite heavy and would cut down the number of worms a lot, of course the weight from the original amount always decreases on arrival or at the fishing destination, thats the law of physics,
Basically a small amount of peat onto the paper, worms weighed and tipped onto the paper/peat, a little more peat on top, then wrapped is the procudure, of which you can watch at any time in my shop when collecting or just by watching us do an order for collection os mail order.
Hope this is of interest to yourself and any others who are interested to know.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.