World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of yesterdays discussion about how a lock has been installed on Middleton, wrongly or rightly. I have decided to start an online petition of names to present to Cleveland County Council about the recreational use of piers for anglers. I will research more into the legalities of what i propose to do more later. However if you would like to sign my petition please do. If there is enough support then perhaps 'we' may be able to do something by what is being done to us, unfairly in my view. If enough people show their support then the authorities will have to sit up and take notice! As a large body i feel that anglers are not fairly represented in the united kingdom, however partially our own responsibility through accepting discriminatory actions against us on a regular basis. Please show your support.

·
Registered
11,520 Posts
its been done before.....

as chairman of a local club at the time myself and the secretary put a letter together representing local anglers.

one guy had meeting with the council and mandale properties who own the whole basin area and probably the pier now and actually took it all the way to london to try to resolve not only access to the pier but also the estuary as they were stopping us going on the mud for crab and worms.

after many months he got nowhere. they did stop chasing us off the mud though. they said the pier would remain locked for safety reasons after a woman stubbed a toe on the uneven surface and complianed.

the lock usually stays off but occasionally one returns.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Get on the case striaght away they are restricting access all along our coastline (Yorkshire). This is done in various ways :Mandatory fee paying car parks with yellow lines for a mile leading to them , h+s police signs , removal or boarding off of steps down , it gets worst every year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
im in, its out of order i tells ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts