World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a silly question to pass the time until the wind drops again and I can go fishing.
So here goes.
A lot of you have a lot of rods tucked away in the shed/garage/back room.
If a disaster struck and you could only save one rod, and that rod would be the only one that you could use in the future for ALL of your shore fishing.
Which one would it be?

For me it would be my GRX-S but then its not so difficult because I don't have many rods :fishing:.

Think about it !

·
Banned
10,574 Posts
I"ve got 6 beachcasters but probably the most versatile allrounder I have is a Century CCC ld so it would be that one. Not my favourite rod but probably the most versatile.

headlight

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Can i pick a coarse fishing rod, ok then. Alcocks built cane 11 foot carp rod, my mate gave it to me in 1965 just before he died of cancer he was 16. I still use it today, fishing meat, cheese paste, for chub, barble. Its
heavy,but works a treat, and it looks the part. Beach caster 13 ft. Shimano aspire, good but not as good as the above Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It would have to be one of my Platinums - I've got rods that have better bite detection, or are stiffer, or more powerful, or lighter, or shorter or whatever, but none are anywhere near as versatile having to cope with the varied terrain that I fish (mostly rough / very rough with the odd bit of mixed to clean ground).:1a:

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
either me greys supro or tt match,not hoping to put myself in a position to find out which.
as for freshwater.all of them,cos they're all in one big holdall:thumbs:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Although my CCC is my favourite rod I would have to go for my Greys Platinum XS as it is more versatile for the areas that I fish.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
A really hard question but a good one.......hmmmmm I suppose it truly depends on what type of fishing you love the most.

So as I love Summer rock fishing it has to be the Diawa Supercast Bass, great for Bass, Pollack, Wrasse, and Flounder. :thumbs:

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
My old 12ft abu enticer. Ive had it many years, cost me nothing. Its nothing special, cant cast super distances, but it never lets me down and i always seem to catch on it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
me carbon metal crests for the channel,,as thats my favourite place to fish,,for them coddies and ray,,,,,

·
Registered
314 Posts
well it would have to be my century cm bb fifteen footer. what a rod great for all areas from flattie fishing to conger fishing the bite detection is fantastic over all ranges of fishing. and i can chuck a lead 130 with ease.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Zzippy Powertex Bass 12'8" - similar to the Profile (which I also love) but two thirds the price. All the rod you will ever need. :sun:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
My Mk1 Veals Channel Special. It isnt the most versatile or my favourite rod but my wife bought it for me as a wedding present.

How thoughtful!:love:

·
Registered
20,936 Posts
My Mk1 Veals Channel Special. It isnt the most versatile or my favourite rod but my wife bought it for me as a wedding present.

How thoughtful!:love:
:sun:For the shore, my Ian Golds Tyrex match and boat my Shakespeare Salt Braid 20/30, both rods with handle most things from dabs and bream to cod.:sun:

·
Registered
423 Posts
if it was me then i would have to forget all my gear and save the sons rods otherwise i would never hear the last of it

·
Registered
279 Posts
If it was me id have save cabbytx's rods as he would be to busy saving his sons and i would'nt hear the last of it if he could'nt go fishing!!!!:roll1::roll1::roll1:

p.s. abu suveran sx loverly rod good all rounder and won't cost the earth.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
2,629 Posts
i would have to save my Greys Apollo Mrk 1. i've had it for 7 years or so and its aint ever let me down, great rod!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts