World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out with Mally on Onyermarks Too yesterday, because of the wind we knew we wouldn't be out in Luce bay and so would be pollacking, unfortunately we couldn't get any ragworm as it was all pre-ordered. Launched from Port Logan at 9 where I met Bmac, Peterthefisherman, Norrie and Guyfulla (and after the trip I met conger conger)- nice to meet you all, will look forward to hearing how you all got on!

First we feathered up some mackeral and then we shot off to a pollack mark that Malcolm said would definitely produce fish. We started hitting fish straight away mostly pollack to about 4lb with cuckoo wrasse and coalies thrown in amongst them on long strips of mackeral/jelly worms. By this time one of our group(not me!) was already feeling ill and he was soon groundbaiting the water with that mornings bacon rolls :yucky:

I was starting to really wish we had ragworm when my uncles mate hit into a good fish on a mackeral, result: a 10lb 12oz pollack and the first double of the season. What an amazing fish! We had a bit of a try for tope but didn't have a sniff, the guys next to us however landed a beautifull male of about 40lb, looked a great fight :)

Another great day out, big thanks to Malcolm again. Can't wait for my next trip :D

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
nice one lewis a big tope would be nice this year ,i will have to wait till i go to the parents gaff,nothing worse than doing groundbait mate i am bad for it myself so i can sympathise with the guy good report mate keep em coming:notworthy

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Lewis, hiya, Was good to meet you...at last !! :)

Peter will (hopefully) do our report, which was much the same as yourself....tho, Davy, had a belter of a ?? (dont want to waste it for him) from the shore....they are still fishing, and will do their own report later I would think...:):)

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lewis, hiya, Was good to meet you...at last !! :)

Peter will (hopefully) do our report, which was much the same as yourself....tho, Davy, had a belter of a ?? (dont want to waste it for him) from the shore....they are still fishing, and will do their own report later I would think...:):)
Is Davy Conger Conger? If so I spoke to him after the trip, what a fish. Wish we'd had his luck :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Another excellent trip Lewis, I'll get the details from bmac when I see him on Thur. Must try and get a midweek trip out of Logan, problem is trying to work round shift patterns, but after return from Oban this coming weekend will endeavour to secure a charter.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another excellent trip Lewis, I'll get the details from bmac when I see him on Thur. Must try and get a midweek trip out of Logan, problem is trying to work round shift patterns, but after return from Oban this coming weekend will endeavour to secure a charter.
I know what you mean, I nearly didn't make this trip. Worked from 8pm 'til 3am on friday night (in Edinburgh) drove home and had 40mins kip before heading over to Logan. Still the second you hit that first fish the need for sleep dissapears :)

You can visit Ians site here if you are interested, he operates a great business . My uncle and his mates still have about 6 trips booked but on the way home yesterday they were disucssing how they could get more trips in! :fish:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Good to see you again Lewis, We need to arrange another session soon.
It ended up like a Wsf meet yesterday when everyone turned up :) it was good to meet and put a few more names to faces. I think Peter is putting a report up for us regarding our day. Im back down in 2wks fishing Sat & Sun with Ian and we are staying in the Clash Fri - Sun. Myself, Peter and Andy with special guest appearance's of Ticketty boo on the Saturday and Glasgowdan on the Sun. It's got the makings of a good trip, If your home come and say hello. We are planning a "wee" shore trip while we are down also.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi lewiss good to meet you on sat ,:clap2: i wish you had said you were short of rag i had just dug a load on fri an had dug 50 good lug that morning alsoso i had a few to spare ! think you were in a bit of a hurry to get afloat though :clap2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts