World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished down St ishmaels on sunday from low up to try it. Used crab and lug, all collected from the beach so nice and fresh. Not a lot really, one tidy flounder on crab about 2 hrs from top, and i lost a half tidy bass just after top but that was it for the fishy action. About an hour before top i waded into the surf to swill my hands after baiting up and to my horror, my wedding ring flew off my finger into the drink!!:oops: I was a bit concerned as id only had it just over a year and was contemplating texting the missus and telling her to throw all my stuff out on the front lawn and i'd pick it up later!:boxing: I kept an eye on the area it had landed and me, my dad and my father in law waited for the tide to bugger off so we could start the search. Unbelievably as the tide ebbed, my father in law casually bent over and said "here it is" and picked it up, in exactly the same place id dropped it. Phew! Thank god it was only a small tide or wed never have found it and id probably be thrashing out a divorce settlement by now!:yahoo:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Sounds like an adjustment to the ring is in order, before you part company with it permanently.:doh:

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Almost became a split ring then....

Ill get my coat ....................

·
Registered
601 Posts
good report and find well done that man,:1a:

as a suggestion why not put it on a chain round your neck when your fishing always with you and its safe. thats where my ring goes as i had it for my 21st and i wont b having another 1 of them. my other half lost her 21st birthday ring scuba diving in the dominican republic i did have a look for it but that was way down with the fishies never to be seen again.:cry:

hence why i put precious things safe

did you tell the other half the storie and what was her reaction?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did tell her and i got a very iffy look from her...you know the one which means do that again and youre dead! lol. I dont normally take it with me when i fish but for some reason i forgot to take it off...as for the suggestion of ring adjustment...that just sounds painfull...lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
I did tell her and i got a very iffy look from her...you know the one which means do that again and youre dead! lol. I dont normally take it with me when i fish but for some reason i forgot to take it off...as for the suggestion of ring adjustment...that just sounds painfull...lol
your a brave man mate,

check out the earlier post of lying to partner need to know basis. she didnt

but fair play for coming clean

·
Team Rig Maker
19,827 Posts
being honest there means you will be able to get away with a lie at a later stage :drunk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts