World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, well I got what I wanted, but no way will I be able to get "into" the butt for a long while....if ever....

Was thinking along the lines of a similar butt, but softer, maybe primo match, hiflex where the butts would be interchangeable.

Or would it not make a difference...?

Yeah, I know, Ive got a rod too stiff...first one in 20 years, had 2500,m and LM NG3, Bruce and walker sx406 Abu 404, oh and an old style Nemesis plus which werent too stiff...so Im not a complete prat, just wanting to branch out a little and dream...

cheers

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What, ..? as a best combo or as a rod that would fit..?

Ive got rods that do 4-5 or 5-6 but are twelve feet in length.

For casting Im erring 13-13.6 ft reel down.

Originally I thought Id get more variety with Ultralite or Profile light, (longer rod..more room on rocks when conditions are calm) but it hasnt gone that way, ...Ive moved, maybe more beach, sorry storm beach and the A30 makes Chesil more approachable so thinking my two heaviest rods will be longer...
clear of waves ...a little more, use the softer butt for casting and team the new rod as an original pair, ie with their respective butts. Although I take two rods they never fish side by side, I kinda have an overlap period when two are fishing, unless I know Ive snared a whiting as livebait..get the picture, so I guess I want primo synchro or hiflex or quattro..?

Dunno...

Thanks

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was...and I started off thinking what would be a lot softer, then sat down, watched the rugby and thought no I dont want another rod that will throw 4-5, I want 5-6..be a better balanced pair.

Woderful thing, having to type sometimes, makes you think...thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
The butt on the FT is not that brutal, just work on slowing down and refining technique. Once you get used to it, it is a real gem of a rod.

·
Registered
499 Posts
One more quick thought, try adding a reducer to the rod. Placing the reel just that bit lower down the butt makes a huge difference to the action and will "soften" the action somewhat. Certainly cheaper than a new butt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts