World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Appreciate members experience and recommendations on current or past mpodels. Can be conventional multiplier rods or continental fixed spool models. My own opinion is that I have been mightily impressed with the yellow-coloured Shimano Surf Leader Ultra 425 3 piece conti. Cast 6 ounce a long way.

·
Premium Member
6,393 Posts
Greys Syntra's for me- borrowed one for a week, suited my casting style & type of fishing from the off so ordered a pair as soon as. That was 14 or 15 years ago & still my go to rods for long range work as never found anything to touch them without having to spend big bucks.
Rick;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hi John. Which ZX model have you used, the 13' 5" or the 14' 5". Cheers
I opted for the 14.5 version which is normally against the grain with me as I usually go for UK beach rods in the 12 to 13 foot length at most but I am well pleased with the combination of UK style rod crossed with a continental model.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi John. Just bought 2 of theZX225G14 for £290 delivered. Need a rod for distance casting over sand in Florida. So I will test these out on the Somerset sand beaches to decide whether they suit me or not.
If good I've got plenty of classic beach rods to move on Daiwa HPB13MM, AWB126M, Viper Pro's etc. But liked the idea of lighter slimmer rods with good distance potential. Only shame is the 2 piece construction.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Bought a second hand sonik 14FT SK4 XTR 5-7oz multi very powerful rod taught myself to pendulum cast and now i can harness more of the rods potential.
Even though it's a multiplier rod I use a f/s on it the majority of the time and have had no problems with it what's so ever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts