World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking the day off friday to get down dover....i didnt...by sunday i had the urge to get out but didnt get up till late so ended up fishing daylight from high down to low on the new development site as there is water there 24/7.....

Fished a mackeral fillet/squid whole with varied distance with nothing and 2 hook flappersthe same with rag tipped with whatever..

tried everything only 1 pout to show on first cast which went straight on a live bait rig, left it out the whole time came back munched by crabs.......baits were stripped within about 10 mins....better than 5mins i suppose.

Wasnt expecting much as it normally pretty Sh*t over low but thought id try my luck ....but not this time....Getting pi55ed off keep catching F all each time but gonna try my luck down the coast weekend hopefully....

Everything seems so slow at the moment not even any soles!!!! Just wish i knew about live baiting when i first started fishing and actually caught bass!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Totally agree with the local fishing at the moment. Gravesend is cack also with crabs destroying baits within minutes.

Caught a big haul of eels on that stretch of the medway over the low recently, on peelers, but thats about it.

No sole around whatsoever at the moment from what I hear.

Next trip for me will probably be down to dungie (lighthouse) for a go at the sole and possibly a spot of livebaiting for bass.

Retaining my optimism you see!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when do those poxy things move on........i bet there probably is bigger fish there just got no chance of finding the bait....next time i pop down i gonna have a go with a float down the side i think.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
when do those poxy things move on........i bet there probably is bigger fish there just got no chance of finding the bait....next time i pop down i gonna have a go with a float down the side i think.....
Gave that a bash myself, ended up with a couple of pouting and that was it.

Roll on winter I say, hopefully sheppey will fish well again so major drives places wont be needed every week.

Deffo dungie for me next I think.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[ and possibly a spot of livebaiting for bass.

i tried the little fish u find under the rocks(blennys?) for live bait,but nothing.am i wasting my time?wot other livebaits,apart from worm an crab r there mate?
cheers
glenn

·
Registered
21,055 Posts
Go further up Greenhithe or Earith

Totally agree with the local fishing at the moment. Gravesend is cack also with crabs destroying baits within minutes.

Caught a big haul of eels on that stretch of the medway over the low recently, on peelers, but thats about it.

No sole around whatsoever at the moment from what I hear.

Next trip for me will probably be down to dungie (lighthouse) for a go at the sole and possibly a spot of livebaiting for bass.

Retaining my optimism you see!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Cheers for that Miz. Any particular marks I should have a bash at?

Never ventured that far up river as yet.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i hear there are none of them poxy crabs up that way..lol..Im in pretty much the same boat as Medway Angler.....not sure where to fish up there.....

also as for live bait small pouting and whiting can be good live baits.....if the fish are there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts