World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got ourselves over to the island. Peter took us over there around half two ish. Fished from about half four till half seven the next morning. The ebb was very poor with only two fish to show. But at low water I got my new personal best, a codling of 4.5lbs. The following flood was to be the most consistent fishing period and the ebb again was poor. Managed a few doggies, two being good sizeable’s, along with a sizeable dab and whiting. The rest were all small fish. Pete’s exact words were “you shudda got more cod than that” lol and he’s probably right! Having seen the recent reports, we both had very high expectations, but having heard from the match anglers that came back before we went, it didn’t look to great. We’re not sure, maybe the cod have gone or maybe it was just a poor day who knows! Other anglers to the right of us didn’t have any sizeable codling, although a couple that walked right around the corner to the left faired a little better. There was also a couple that decided to fish the river near the drop off point. They had shed loads of small fish but nothing of any size. No snags or crabs. Will definitely be back to this place as we both had a great laugh! Here’s a few pics of the fish, evening, and sunrise.

Cheers Josh & Dad

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nice codling Josh shame there werent more about if you fancy another night session try later in the year July/August as you can get some good catchs of Sole around this time.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well done Josh,

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Well done Josh on the PB.

Going to-morrow night, 24th April, I hope for the best.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Don't be disappointed at all with what might have beens, that is a great session, one I can only dream of, and well done on the PB - fantastic:clap2: ! What bait did you find most successful, and what range produced the most fish (sorry to be nosey:) )?

I've fancied a session on the island, but I don't think I've got the necessary experience yet to get the most out of it; I think Sharkey is going soon, and he'll do well, I hope. Anyway, congratulations once more, I hope it hasn't spoilt you for your more regular locations!

Shortcaster

P.S. You'll have to give me some tips for fishing photography - very nice pictures.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Well done Josh mate sounds like a good session, shame there werent more cod but at least you got a PB.
Nice pics too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts