Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sizeable: 6
Undersize: 8
Species: 8 Codling, 5 Dogfish, 1 Whiting
High Tide: 17-00
Best Fish: Codling 3lb 12oz (Weighed)
Best Bait: Peeler! (I used lug & squid though)

Another good session over at Orford again. Met up with flipper from Leader-Lines, great to meet you mate! It did start off pretty good with a few doggies coming in but as the tide got near the bottom the fish fell away for me. Then a few hours in and the tide picked up bringing in some more fish again. Doggies all over the place! Then I got my only good Codling of 3lb 12oz which I must say was a lot bigger than I had first thought! This Codling also happens to be my 2nd biggest ever! One solitary whiting and a number of 1lb sized codling made up the rest of the catch. Most of the doggies were sizeable at around 55cm+ but they all went back. Cheers for the peeler flipper. Not taking peeler was definitely a mistake I made and one I won’t make again at this time of the year. Lug and Squid seemed to attract the doggies and smaller Codling though so I can’t complain too much! All credit to you flipper, you just kept hauling them sizeable codling out right up to the end, really well done! I’ve put my pictures up for you to have a look at mate as I know you didn’t see my only Codling. Thanks for the company and we’ll have to do it again sometime!

Cheers, Josh

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Well done again mate.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well done Josh,

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nice report and pictures:) . It seems you missed the best of the fishing last week (the recent reports have shown a rapid decline), but at least you're getting the quality fish, what with your PB last time and now a 3lb 12oz codling:clap3: . I especially like the photo of the dogfish, it looks as if it has a real attitude! Hopefully, if I ever go to the island, perhaps you'll be able to chip in with a bit of advice for an Orford rookie.

Looks like you chose the Penn Powerstix, then; how is it going? Good luck for your next session.

Shortcaster

1 - 6 of 6 Posts