World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i've taken the plunge. Finally booked up for my first ever trip to Orford Ness :)

Getting a lift over with Pete Thursday afternoon and fishing through the night.

As it's my first time, has anyone got any advise on where to go or what rigs to use etc.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

John

· The Ego
6,047 Posts
fish the narrows and head to the right 100 yards where you get dropped off. Use 2 rods one at distance and one about 30-40 yards both pennel rigs with lug and squid bait. This work3ed for me last year.

· Registered
4,519 Posts
big baits, big leads.
plenty off food for yourself, and a thermos of tea/coffee.
best of luck mate.

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all, i'll let you know how i get on

· Registered
1,105 Posts
Thanks all, i'll let you know how i get on
I was there on Friday last week. 9 Codling 1-5lbs, but a 4lb one was only forty yards off the beach.

I was average 100 yards out. Lug, 3 per snood and tip off of squid.

When you get off the boat don't go 100 yards to the right, go to left about 50 yards as you get towards the sea, so when you get there you will be 50-60 yards to the left (North) of where Peter drops you.

There is a mate of mine who is on www.sea-fishing.org going that night as well, called Andy. He knows me as Edgey, give him my regards.

Do take warm clothing it gets bloody cold at about 2-4am.

See: http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64155&page=2

Also please take plenty of rubbish bags and try and bring back more than you take.

· The Ego
6,047 Posts
I was there on Friday last week. 9 Codling 1-5lbs, but a 4lb one was only forty yards off the beach.

I was average 100 yards out. Lug, 3 per snood and tip off of squid.

When you get off the boat don't go 100 yards to the right, go to left about 50 yards as you get towards the sea, so when you get there you will be 50-60 yards to the left (North) of where Peter drops you.

There is a mate of mine who is on www.sea-fishing.org going that night as well, called Andy. He knows me as Edgey, give him my regards.

Do take warm clothing it gets bloody cold at about 2-4am.

See: http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64155&page=2

Also please take plenty of rubbish bags and try and bring back more than you take.
I was told to go to the right last year by pete and ended up with 9 codling in the 2-3Lb bracket a couple of doggies edible crab and a doggie. I have also fished to the left and had a couple of codling when everybody else blanked. I think going left or right is just a preference.

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll say hello to Andy then Edgey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.