World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my boat - "Emma-J" launched by about 1pm, motored straight out to sea to a mark i'd been given by a friend on WSF and got fishing as the tide was ebbing, very strongly.

Hooked into a doggie within a few minutes, then another, then another, then hooked what felt like a bigger doggie, it soon became clear it was either a lot bigger LSD or someones anchor lol the fight this fish put up in the strong tide was brilliant, it even stripped line off the reel, a first for me while sea fishing, finally got it to the boat after a good 10 minutes - turned out it was a lovely female Thornback Ray weighing 4lb 2oz, she was weighed, photographed and released fit n' well - things went a little quiet for a while, then another doggie, then another Thornie a male this time a little bit smaller than the female, one more doggie then went quiet again - just before heading back in had 2 codling of about 1.5 lb each, reluctantly, upped anchor and headed back in as i needed to make sure of getting back in safely over the sand bars in the river Ore entrance and the tide was set to be very low on the spring tide.

Rigs were uptide with 4" booms, with a 4' flowing trace to 2/0 hooks, successful bait was squid n' lug - crab baits were tried but came back untouched

I'll try to get a pic or 2 on here, but not sure how at the minute.

AL ..

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
well done al glad you got out, which bit did you fish, dont know who gave you the mark mate lol.

hoping to get out my self but looks like the the stour.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well done al glad you got out, which bit did you fish, dont know who gave you the mark mate lol.

hoping to get out my self but looks like the the stour.
Was a very nice man gave me the numbers mate :)
I've PM'd you which mark it was.

Oh, it wasn't today, as the date says at the top, it was yesterday doh, must be old age :)
And was my first Thornie so well pleased :)

AL ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts