World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well me and the old boar went to orford with 4 others to the narrows.
expectantions were high after the blow and plenty of tide run i thought this should be good.

well to cut a long story short is was pretty crap realy.

dad wopt my arse catching 8 small codling but i think 2 may have been just sizeable.

i was sticking to the whole suid and wipped blacks to try and stay away from the tiddlers but alas this time the bigger fish didnt show and had just 2 small codling.

but never mind but for the 3rd time out of 17 trips it didnt work still never mind.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well it just goes to show that years of "drowning worms" experience shows in the end!
I'll beat you to that thornback yet Hogster.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeh right you can dream, all i say is dad you keep cathing the tiddlers and il concentrate on the bigger stuff. lol

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Wasn't the spring run in full flow this time last year from the island?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it was, but not at th mo, may be in a months time but we will see

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have the feeling we won't get one this year. If it does come it'll be late and they'll pitch up when the crabs start popping along with the bass, could be good but don't hold your breath! The number of times i've fished in good conditions on good tides and struggled this year apart from the minis lets hope they all get back next year.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
yeah im not sure we'll be getting any spring run this year :( ive just been looking at the reports for this time last year on leader-lines....loads of codling from pakefield n kessingland but also along the whole coast! not comparable to this year in the least!! :( oh well i live in hope.... Josh

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
All good thing'scome to those who wait.
Ireckon 2 weeks time.and things will change.
"Confucious,he say patience is a virtue" !!!!
Spratty:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i hope your are right aitch.

we were a month behind but with the mild weather i dont know if it will happen.

however we still havent seen many doggies yet as they normally show mid april in numbers at orford, so thinking the sea is a degree warmer i would have seen them in numbers buy now but the havent showed yet only a few here and there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
spring run will happen give it time craps are peeling now in the thames estury lots more been caurght in the dark that tells me the fish are not on the beach in day light up to 15 sizable at night but only the odd one during the day

·
Registered
133 Posts
had a cracking night over there on the weekend, even a couple of big ones so i'll do a post tonight !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts