World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A really pleasent day on the Island, weather wise, fishing was not so good. Only small whitting and a few dabs for me. Others fishing seemed to be the same as me. However, one person did catch a descent codling.
It was a truly lovely day to be over there, when the sun came out it was so warm and the sea was flat calm - so relaxing after a week working nights. Hi to the guy from Canvey SAC it was good talking to you on the boat on the way back to the quay. All the best for next trip over there in Nov.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Did the Friday night with a few mates, it's amazing how whiting manage to impale themselves on a 5/0 loaded with lug and peeler. Between us we had god knows how many whiting, some biiiig doggies, pouting , bass, eel and a thorn back ray

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the reports guys, had hoped to go over myself today with Woodbridge AC, but Regardless had broken down, something to do with the throttle and gears, so it was back to the car by 8.00am and off to East Lane for a big fat blank!!!!

Vale,as you were fishing last night, did you get picked up by the NT boat this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
Did the Friday night with a few mates, it's amazing how whiting manage to impale themselves on a 5/0 loaded with lug and peeler. Between us we had god knows how many whiting, some biiiig doggies, pouting , bass, eel and a thorn back ray
We didnt fair much better in the canvey comp during the day on sat best weight was 10lb 8oz by Andy moxon who had 2 small codling in amongst a mixed catch. I was fishless for the first 3 hours of the ebb as were a few members only started to get bites when the water was a fair way down. dont know why although there was hardly any colour in the water at high tide. I came 3rd with 7 whiting and a doggie and I also had a small thornback as well 1 inch under size on Lug and half a squid pretty little thing it was as well. Think the flood tide fishes a lot better than the ebb on the island any thoughts.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
saturday night was a millpond, with regular apperances by ting, we did manage to get back off the island and ashore just after 9 though no one came out on account regardless couldnt gurantee picking them up, which is fair enough, must say it was impressive ride back with pilot in the wheel house and throttle woman outside, I think regarldess shiuld be repaired some point today :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Thanks for the reports guys, had hoped to go over myself today with Woodbridge AC, but Regardless had broken down, something to do with the throttle and gears, so it was back to the car by 8.00am and off to East Lane for a big fat blank!!!!

Vale,as you were fishing last night, did you get picked up by the NT boat this morning?

The TBAA boys that where going to come over after you fished the yacht club at alderburgh....and didnt fair any better either

·
Registered
218 Posts
So I'm told the ONAC match was very hard going too. Just one of those days! Really need a good easterly wind to rough it all up and bring those codling in, or maybe that's wishful thinking lol.

Flo, towards the end of last year and early this year had majority of my codling on the ebb at the island (not that I'm an expert), but from my experience tide needed to have a good run. Woodbridge AC tend to fish the island when HW is between 10-12 so we get to fish a bit of both tide states, but spookily it always seems to be the last hour or two before Pete comes when the codling show up!

·
Read Only
0 Posts

The TBAA boys that where going to come over after you fished the yacht club at alderburgh....and didnt fair any better either

·
Registered
1 Posts
Four of us from Braintree sea angling club fished Sunday during the day. Same story, a few whiting, dogs and a couple of flatties. Nice day though, except for the two guys who were the second lot to walk back to get the boat in the morning: left a bucket of dead undersize whiting and a load of rubbish behind!
(which we cleared up!)

·
Registered
893 Posts
So I'm told the ONAC match was very hard going too. Just one of those days! Really need a good easterly wind to rough it all up and bring those codling in, or maybe that's wishful thinking lol.

Flo, towards the end of last year and early this year had majority of my codling on the ebb at the island (not that I'm an expert), but from my experience tide needed to have a good run. Woodbridge AC tend to fish the island when HW is between 10-12 so we get to fish a bit of both tide states, but spookily it always seems to be the last hour or two before Pete comes when the codling show up!

Cheers chris must have just be one of those weekends reading a few other reports, as regards the fish coming on as the boat turns up thats exactly what happened saturday as the water dropped it got a bit more colour in it and along came the whiting and doggies I caught all my fish in the last 2 hours. The thornback must have just got a bit lost heading out to deeper water for the winter but was very welcome.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Pablo and I fished the narrows yesterday also a small match going on.

fishing was slow, i had 3 school bass and a whiting, but Pablo did manage a just keeper codling. About 3 down the water was perfectly coloured and that was when it fished a bit better.

The match boys also scratched ( as match anglers do).

Hopefully in a few weeks time it will be cod city. I think we just need a calm day after a blow or to fish in a NW

1 - 12 of 12 Posts