World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know hat this is predominatley a winter mark for cod but why does no one seem to fish in the summer after all its deep water and i have heard that there have been smuts doggies and bass being caught down there wether it be from the island or the beaches so has any one been there lately and if so how did you get on

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
1) Doggies, these tend to arrive later on in the year and can be a pest when using squid for your cod fishing. They can be slightly larger than the usual suspects along the East Coast but don't expect any records being broken.
2) Bass, fish the river there are more of them and you don't need to fish the island. When you get to the quay just walk to the right next to the field.
3) Smuts, you need to fish the Crouch to get the smuts, however you need near perfect conditions to get them, same can be said for the roker. Its no where as near as prolific as the South coast venues.

personally I would wait till October and fish for the codling as that is when you quality fish but not the quality.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
People probably are fishing it but reporting it on the Eastern site as it is in Suffolk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts