World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is always good to receive a tackle delivery and yesterday was no exception with a lovely package from Eric at Orion Lures.
AJ8P7564.jpg

They are not all for me but great to unwrap.
The lures are for a forthcoming trip to Panama in 6 weeks and the big beasts for Oman next March.

Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Nice collection, please report which lures work well in Panama as I am heading that way in 2020..:BigGrin:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Ian, I have started using those big elastic bandy things from the gym shops to replicate the sweeping sticks or popping resistance ,brilliant. Even Jayne found that she was not as tired after a full day. Add a few core rotation exercises as well to the mix. I just rigged bits at work or in the garage to mimic the movements you have to make, even the casting rotation of the shoulders, The top hand punch is obvious, but don't forget the bottom hand pulling the butt past your hips on the follow through . All adds a few yards to the chuck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great advice on the exercises. I was at my mates gym this morning and he has the elastics so added them to my exercise regime and it felt really good stretching the right muscles in casting action ready for some serious casting with mega lures.
I just hoping to get attached to a decent GT now I have all the gear and lures and at least I am trying to get fit so I can cast all day and not get pulled overboard if I hook in to a lunker!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts