World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 520, and looking to replace the window seals, they are not leaking but leave a black streak on the boat when you touch them.
My question is I Know that I need 10 metres of seal and a special tool to install with, but what size seal do I need ? Was thinking of buying off flea bay. Has anyone bought on eBay and can they recommend a dealer. I rang Orkney and priced postage to Ireland and they quoted me 36 pounds..!!
Cheers Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
You could try Seals Direct http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/ but for the actual sizing you'll probably have to remove one of the seals and measure it and the thickness of the window and frame.

I tried to get some direct from Orkney Boats for my Strikeliner earlier this year, they don't accept cards over the phone or PayPal so you have to place an order then they send you an invoice and they deliver once it's paid!
After telling them exactly what I wanted they sent me the wrong invoice (7 mtrs instead of 10 mtrs) I e mailed back asking for the correct size but haven't heard from them since. Postage and packaging was about £18 if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I recently used sealsdirect.It was £4.99 for the seals I needed and £0.99 for the plain rubber infill strip and postage was £12.00 but my stuff came next day.I'm sure you'll find what you need on there website once you know the size you need and I assume postage to ROI may be dearer.These prices are per metre.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I recently used sealsdirect.It was £4.99 for the seals I needed and £0.99 for the plain rubber infill strip and postage was £12.00 but my stuff came next day.I'm sure you'll find what you need on there website once you know the size you need and I assume postage to ROI may be dearer.These prices are per metre.
That's great, seals direct sounds the job, would have liked to deal with Orkney direct, but postage of 36 pounds seems very excessive.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
That's great, seals direct sounds the job, would have liked to deal with Orkney direct, but postage of 36 pounds seems very excessive.
Considering it costs less to fly a whole person and a carry on bag of luggage from the UK to ROI that does sound a lot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts