World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads,

here to pick your brains again.:idea:

not really developed the summer/bass fishing yet and fancy spending some time doing what i love best, fishing on the east coast, over this summer.

target species bass and mullet.

I know orford/aldeburgh well and the orwell/deben from the water but not from the shore. also remember the various harbour masters not being so impressed with visiting fishermen. my old man used to work at woolverstone but since he passed away my mullet bashing has been limited. is there anywhere where your not likley to get slapped wrists for stalking the famous silver ghosts ?

Can anyone shed some light on potential marks or tips for the above target fish ?

many thanks in advance.:)

been a bit quiet here recently so not much fishing but for those that know me (or dont) im up for some east coast fishing right now so drop me a PM.

Tom:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hi Tommyk

I havent seen any as of yet (may be a bit to early) but you could try the river Blyth at Southwold for Mullet as they bask just under the moored up boats, :boat:

you can fish off the jettys as long as they are not privately owned, best place is in between the Harbour Inn pub and the Bailey bridge, ive fished there and never had a slapped wrist LOL :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hi Tommy,

Used to get mullet in the inner harbour at Lowestoft on light tackle. If you look in muddy estuaries at low tide you can often see tram line like lines in the mud. This usually means that the mullet have been grubbing around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts