World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to fish Otter Cove in the not so distant and was wondering if its still accessable? I know they put a gate and lock in and that you could get round it, as I used to surf down there. But its been a while.
I like a bit of plugging and SW flyfishing, can anyone recommend good marks for bass in the Budleigh and Exmouth area?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was hoping to fish Otter Cove in the not so distant and was wondering if its still accessable? I know they put a gate and lock in and that you could get round it, as I used to surf down there. But its been a while.
I like a bit of plugging and SW flyfishing, can anyone recommend good marks for bass in the Budleigh and Exmouth area?

Thanks for any advice!

As for marks of exmouth and budleigh area, steamer steps seems to be a good plce in budleigh as does right in front of carpark at the top end of budleigh beach, otter cove not sure where u mean by that, is that where the beach joins the otter, if so, then there is no gate there.

Another place to try is Ladram Bay, not fished it as yet but will be doing on sunday with exmouth sea angling a club.

Further field is Sidmouth, only 20 mins away, and the mark there is jocobs ladder.

As for exmouth it self try the docks, esturie and orcombe point.

hope this helps, if not go to exmouth tackle shop in the strand or try and contact exmouth sea angling club, find it on a google search.
dave

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It might be worth checking with the MoD about when you can go there as access is denied when the range is in use (ive been led to believe). I fish this area from my boat occasionally, last year in may i watched a large shoal of sandeel swim under the boat, only seconds later they shot back with a group of large bass in pursuit. These were'nt schoolies and as soon as they got under the boat they spooked and shot back in the direction they came from. There wasn't a fish under 5lb amongst em!! I tried a plug for 20 mins or so but nothing. Ive also had some nice plaice from the same mark (biggest 4lb) but further along towards the beach on the drift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I went down to Littleham cove the other evening (pretty sure this is what its called, far end of Budleigh, we went through Sandy Bay) and blanked on plugs.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
is there any recent update on this ? I used to fish otter cove as a kid in the 1970s I am going on holiday to devon cliffs sandy bay where I used to go as a kid and would like to fish otter cove again is it still accessible , we used to catch big ballen wrasse there years ago on a float and good bass , I remember some no all saying to my dad you will do no good with a float you need to be 30 years out with a lead, he had dissapeared wgen my dad reeled in a big bass followed by a big wrasse lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts