World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just finished fishing the rocks at minnis over low. it was pretty poor fishing compared to what everyone was expecting.

i did get a PB hound of around the 12lb mark :) , took the rod and tripod in as i was baiting up the next rig. i don't think i've ever sprinted so fast over rocks in my life. LOL. i think it was more of a lucky fish than anything else, it must have just been swimming past my bait at the time.

in all i had a tiny 2lb ray, a dog, the 12lb hound and a 3 1/2lb hound last chuck. no pics though i'm afraid, i never catch anything when i take a camera.

i'll be back down there on the next set of good tides, trying for my target this year of a 15lb hound.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If that was poor fishing big guy your should come fishing with me and I show you poor fishing LOL:clap2:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
well done steve that was a nice fish, it seemed very slow compared to the last few nights al i managed was a small hound and a doggy, at least i only lost one set though and as i found 2 bonus really, it was funny when i looked up and see u legging it across the rocks for your rod!!!!!!!! did any of the other guys have anything after we left,

need to go and get a new bulb for the tiga now,

C

·
0 Posts
What a shame you did not have your camera. That 12lb hound deserved to be on the Specimen List!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there might have been a few dogs but didn't hear of any more hounds, i was only a couple of casts behind you.

it seemed as if i was running like linford cristy over them rocks, i've never run that fast before. LOL.

i'm not really all that bothered about pics TBH, i just love the fish, fight and the fishing.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i won't be down there til the tides come back round again, so a couple of weeks or so. i'll be there a fair bit now the hounds are there, they're like drug to me. LOL.

the bait had only been in a couple of minutes and i was taking the old bait off the rig, standing about 5 yards away. it took the rod and tripod over, hence why i ran like hell. after i reeled the slack up, it slammed the tip over and i had to wade out to give it line while i sorted the drag out. i slowly pumped it a couple of times til it swam at full speed towards me for 100 yrds or so. then it wanted to go back out to sea. they really are a power house, it's why i love them so much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts