World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deputy Jokes Forum Examiner
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since our last post and our opportunites to go fishing have been somewhat limited so with that in mind Congaqueen and I took a week off work to catch up with the fishing and with out the constraints of work and kids we tackled up and heres how it went.

Dale Fort Dale 29/05/07

I hadnt fished this venue for several years and really didnt know what to expect. After some debate as to where it actually was as its next to the field centre but Dale has two of these centres. Eventually we found it and what a cracking comfortable venue it turned out to be. It is basically an old jetty of sorts. With an incoming tide and a nice sunny day our tails were up and confident. Armed with squid, mackeral and ragworm. Fishing was not as good as expected but still managed three small huss, all of which dropped off bringing them up the wall and two spider crabs! One weighing easily over four pound. Thought I was into a massive fish. Congaqueen weighed in with a strange looking velvet crab. All in all an enjoyabe day out and great venue with potential for some big fish.

Wednesday and Thursday with a change in the weather we opted to do some decorating. :uhuh:

Milford Docks 31/05/07

Finished the decorating and thought we would use up what bait we had left from our previous trip. Arrived at the Docks to find a lot of other anglers fishing. Fishing was poor and having spoken with a number of the other anglers the general consensus was that there was too much freshwater in the harbour. I dont know how accurate this is and not one fish was caught between approximately 15 anglers. A pleasant evening out all the less.

Caerfai St Davids 01/06/07

We thought we would head off to try our luck at a deep water mark. Caerfai is a stunning place and we were looking forward to the days fishing. Armed with the usual baits and a warm sun lit day our expectations were high. What a disappointing day it turned out to be! I completely misjudged the tide and fishing an incoming tide the swell was immense and we were both having great difficulty holding bottom. Congaqueen's first two cast produced two huge bites only for the fish to go to ground and both lost. Fishing the bottom was going to be impossible and we were losing tackle left right and centre. So we switched to floats and spinning gear but again the swell was proving so tricky to the point that the waves we coming up over us. With safety in mind and thoroughly soaked we packed up and headed to Porthclais breakwater to see if any bass were showing. Fished there for an hour or so but from the drenching cold set in and we despondently headed home.

Broad Haven Haverfordwest 02/06/07

Congaqueen had some work to do in Broad Haven on Saturday evening so we thought we would make the most of it and fish the beach an hour either side of high tide. I have fished this beach a few times without much success so was not optimistic and my suspicions were proved correct and I blanked. Congaqueen on the other hand rang the bell and caught two small flounders. The first she has caught so I had to take my hat off to her.

Broad Haven Haverfordwest 03/06/07

After Congaqueens previous success the night before we got up early headed to the takle shop picked up some more worm and once again headed for Broad Haven to fish the tide from low to high. Greeted with a grim skies and drizzling rain we set up and weathered the storm so to speak. After a couple of hours the weather broke but the fish were proving elusive. As high water approached Congaqueen then caught her third flounder. Then just on high water Congaqueen's rod starts bouncing like mad and I thought to myself that's a bass bite if ever I saw one and to our surprise out of the sea came a small mullet. Once again I blanked. The way it's going at the moment Id have trouble catching fish in an aquarium! :)

All in all not a bad week and despite a lack of fish the week was non the less enjoyable and we managed a varied selection of fishing and venues.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Good report, shame about you blanking though. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Great post mates glad the queen has shaken off the blanking habit. really informative post and is great for people who need info on unknown marks. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be rewarded
Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts