World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice northerly sea running so out last night back to the same mark where I got 3 fish last report. Well ended up with 3 again. the sea was pretty lively and with the wind bite detection was a no no the first 2 codling were landed without knowing they were on just gave it 20 mins reeled in and they were there! After landing the second fish i was sorting out some tackle when the rod suddenly lurched over,grabbed it and felt some good head shaking after a bit of a struggle with the swell and the kelp a good cod lay in front of me it tipped the scales at 8.5lbs gutted.Cart was the successful bait last night taking all 3
cheers Kevin
Fin Fish Seafood Fish products Ray-finned fish

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well done Kev, that's a proper good cod that, was it a fresh run fish, looks a bit more coloured than the two smaller ones. Hopefully heading out for a session myself tomorrow night before the sea flattens off again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well done Kev, that's a proper good cod that, was it a fresh run fish, looks a bit more coloured than the two smaller ones. Hopefully heading out for a session myself tomorrow night before the sea flattens off again.
Yes it was fresh run Alan the photo was taken about 5 hrs after I caught it going to try somewhere tonight might bump into you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts