World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few hours sport with some left over blacks from the previous weekend.
Fished 1 hour down and 2½ Hours up. Plenty of action from the off with a double header on the first cast.
Ended up with 11 Plaice, 4 Flounders and a 9" Codling.
I kept four of the best Plaice for the Pot and the rest returned safely, the weather was very poor with a strong wind and driving rain.
I put up with it because the action was good. took a short video in.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UU2EONzUfE
1095098_339032422918260_320321688_n[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi mark, you have to walk out about a mile along the channel. Of you fish by the slip you'll Liable to get more flounder.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Hi Eddie was the sand soft out there I noticed you was quite a way from the waters edge thanks Andy

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Had a few hours sport with some left over blacks from the previous weekend.
Fished 1 hour down and 2½ Hours up. Plenty of action from the off with a double header on the first cast.
Ended up with 11 Plaice, 4 Flounders and a 9" Codling.
I kept four of the best Plaice for the Pot and the rest returned safely, the weather was very poor with a strong wind and driving rain.
I put up with it because the action was good. took a short video in.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UU2EONzUfE
View attachment 200589
well done ed cracking little session there must get up and see you and have a fish one time times gone very quick this year will have to have a chat with dangler ,got some worms of terry very good bait cheers for that

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Plenty of fish for you there Eddie.....Great pic's and vid....

That walk would finish me of the foot can't handle it anymore but I used to love fishing there.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Andy, the sand varies out there I tend to walk away from the channel as there are a few soft areas. I keep away from the drain off channels as the surrounding area are soft. But yesterday was pretty firm compared to last yeAr when it was quite stodgy.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That walk would finish me of the foot can't handle it anymore but I used to love fishing there.[/QUOTE]

Yes john, it's a bit of a slog but well worth it this time of year. Maybe marine parade would be a bit more comfortable for you if you fancied a spotty.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Your right there Eddie a bit easier venue for me...
I'm hoping to get out a lot me this year before they call me back for the next opp.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great video Eddie. Like many I'd like to fish over that side but the sand is a concern. I thought the Plaice only liked flat calm conditions?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great video Eddie. Like many I'd like to fish over that side but the sand is a concern. I thought the Plaice only liked flat calm conditions?

The sand was pretty firm underfoot but I've known it to be soft close to the low water mark as well as the leading off gullies.
To be safe you will need to go with a buddy 1st just in case.
You need a hefty cast into the main channel those who fish shorter have their catch rate drop dramatically.
Next month the channel will be full of crab so your bait will disappear quickly as for the calm conditions, well it is the norm to catch in calm conditions but
the Plaice are in the channel at the moment gorging on baby cockle and clam. They seem to be not bothered about the windy conditions.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well done Eddie nice video me and Terry went 3 weeks ago and caught plenty of spottys but the wind was hard work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts