World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the two off us went out yesterday with a light S/E Breeze, fishing started of pretty slow with the first nice Bass falling to me on crab.

The Bass went just over two pounds, but what I suprise I had when I turned the fish over it had two very large cuts were you could see were a Tope had bitten in to it not nice, anyway the little bass was returned alive and I think nearly ok.

We started to struggle with the green weed so we moved off shore in about 30ft of water, tide was ebbing away and the wind still a fresh S/E which made it a little sloppy, but the dogfish were feeding hard LOL:yucky::yucky:.

Next Old Bob hit a very good fish I reckon a very large hound we never saw the fish it stayed very deep he had it for a good 15min then yep it parted company and it was all over.:schmoll::schmoll:
The rest of the afternoon bought more Smoothounds the best being a good fish of 18lb caught by old Bob.
This weekend looks good and I am out all weekend so lets see if we can get a big twenty..:clap2::clap2:
All fish were returned alive and none were hurt in the writing of this repot..LOL

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
Another good report Kris. If only the fishing was as good as the way you write it up for us:):clap3:. Good luck at the weekend. We are still looking for a sizable Smoothie for the SE Specimen list.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another good report Kris. If only the fishing was as good as the way you write it up for us:):clap3:. Good luck at the weekend. We are still looking for a sizable Smoothie for the SE Specimen list.
How many would you like LOL. We have had at least 30 good doubles this season but it is weighing and taking all the photo's it takes time... Just waiting for a good twenty wont be long i'm sure But this one I caught earlier.........:secret::secret:

Attachments

C

·
0 Posts
At the moment we only have an 8lb Starry on the list. Nothing yet submitted for a Common. Get a piccie and submit it on the thread with details of bait used, location etc and have your 15 minutes of fame!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Nice report Kris, keeps me going while at work.

I'll be out on Sunday & looking forward to good days fishing, forecast only F2 Easterly so should be nice day.

Had Smoothound last week on light spinning rod -only 6lb but great scrap.

John.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Hound there Kris.See you out there Sunday & you John.Early start...3.30am.
I am out tomorrow but I think we are going on steves (Boy Carl) then on Sunday I'm leaveing at 5, I reckon there will be a few boats out on Sun.:clap2::clap2:

Kris.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
what about a 16lb spurdog my mate caught would that be good enough mind you i dont know about a photo though, all though i have a pic of a 11lb spurdog.

well done ron and kris nice day out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Roll on next weekend.
Off work for two weeks so will be doing plenty of fishing.
Never mind specimens, i'll just be happy to catch something.

Is there any particular area in Essex that is fishing well at the moment?
Southend is supposed to be a local hotspot isn't it?

Anywhere else worth a look?

Maybe I'll try the rivers, I've read on here that they fish well sometimes.
Up river from Bradwell power station is supposed to be good I've heard.
Got to get me one of them roker from the beach.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roll on next weekend.
Off work for two weeks so will be doing plenty of fishing.
Never mind specimens, i'll just be happy to catch something.

Is there any particular area in Essex that is fishing well at the moment?
Southend is supposed to be a local hotspot isn't it?

Anywhere else worth a look?

Maybe I'll try the rivers, I've read on here that they fish well sometimes.
Up river from Bradwell power station is supposed to be good I've heard.
Got to get me one of them roker from the beach.
Most of the offshore marks are fishing quite well plenty of hounds around..:clap3:

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
How many would you like LOL. We have had at least 30 good doubles this season but it is weighing and taking all the photo's it takes time... Just waiting for a good twenty wont be long i'm sure But this one I caught earlier.........:secret::secret:
much much earlier

1 - 14 of 14 Posts