World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met with Gordon as arranged at Port Logan this morning, and set sail at 08.30 hrs. aboard the good ship Ticketty Boo, a well appointed Warrior 165. Sea state moderate and rain threatening, but fortunately we missed it. Bait was frozen blacks, mackerel strip and live rag. Both of us fished with light rods, Gordon with an Ugly Stik, 15 lb. I would guess, and I used a 12 ft carp rod. Intention was to have a species hunt, to try and beats yesterdays total for Gordon when out solo, he managed fifteen seperate species. Well the two of us could not quite manage that today, nevertheless we had a creditable thirteen species with only plaice and tub gurnard being absent from Gordons previous list. Today we caught L.S.D. Ballan wrasse, Cuckoo wrasse, Cod, Pollack, Haddock, Dab,Grey Gurnard, Red gurnard, Ling, Coalfish, Whiting and Flounder..
Although Gordon caught all the named species, my contribution was L.S.D. Grey gurnard, Ballan wrasse, haddock and Cod. Might have been better if I did not have as many pints last night and felt a bit queezy, and needed an hours kip in the cuddy to recover. No big fish caught, and surprisingly no mackerel. Gordon caught the heaviest fish of the trip, a pollack from just South of Clanyard bay. DSCF0258.jpg Into the afternoon, the sun came out and it turned into a lovely day even if a wee bit breezy. Talked to anglers on a couple of other boats and they fared much worse than us. So back to bread and butter fishing tomorrow on the local beach for flatties.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like you had a good day plenty of fish cought we where out yesterday and the makerel were scarce only managed a few must have been the bad weather moved them all offshore as last week you could not get through them. Strange when they are there you get sick of catching them and when they are not there you miss them

·
The Milky Bar Kid
2,253 Posts
Quite gutted i couldnt make it Gordon... i managed to get out ofter tea tho.
Looks like you's had a good day

·
Registered
131 Posts
good fishing gordon keep up the good work :showoff:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts