World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday afternoon comes around and Rcamileri and I are toying with going to Langton. I had a feeling conditions were about as good as possible so a quick call to the Coastgaurd and Harbourmaster and we decided to take the boat out of west bay.
bloody busy harbour! apparently there was a boat comp on.
we decided to avoid going too far out (all the comp boats were on the Ledges) and headed off toward Lyme stopping at alll the beaches along the way.
first stop was eipe or summat, lots of beach anglers doing nothing, much like us actually.
couple of mackerel and off we go west.
next stop Seatown and again nothing but a few macky and Pout.
Later on we anchored up off the beach and waited for darkness, only to see a thorny each and the mackerel started to show just after dusk. the trip was pretty pleasant on the return and the boat performed better than we expected. (thanks Pedro)
We need the likes of Drew here I thouyght. we can get to the beaches and fish just off, we know fish are there. What we need is marks to make the boat valid, but I am already seeing the potential for those just out of reach spots along chesil.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nice one Ian, you couldn't have chosen a better day for weather.
It looks like the winds are set for the week :cc_surren
Bad luck that the fish weren't playing though.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Damn lucky with that weather and it was great to give the boat a bit of a sea trial. Would love to try those ledges when the weather calms down again. Looked like a popular mark.

Shame the fishing wasn't as good as I had expected, but it was good to check out the sea depths and features from our boat. Couldn't believe how shallow it was! Still got a new species, so I'm not too far behind you Ian.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts