World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Power to the peaceful
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had six hours out after bait today with sunfish43...cfish and hoseman/nick down from wiltshire...
sea was calm and it was scorchio at the start of the trip...
luckily the wind got up to cool things down nicely but it was pushing
with the tide so the drifts were a bit on the quick side for it really....
the fishing came in fits and starts....
but with tommo/cfish the mackerel slayer on board we ended the day with a surprising 10 stone...
had 8 species altogether...
and nick was a total vomit bag.....
im the only one with freezer space at the mo so i best get out and get busy...
a top day........cheers all.....

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
It was a lovely day,big thanks to Aj for letting me onboard a top boat!!!! Nice to do a bit of macky murder!!!!!:spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Well done you lot :thumbs: Ideal that you got a few maccy to fill the frezer with but it wont take Phil long to get through them!! lol

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
welldone guys...im going after some tommorow....cant see me getting that many, but if i got 12 i would be happy:victory:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice day out there guys, and bait sorted for the next few months.:victory: Amazing how much you can get in 'Blue's' fish-hold.:crazy: Good going, well done to you all.:sun::clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
It was a smashing day out there with great company:victory:,tommo you're more than welcome anytime m8 as i love your company:hug:,well phil did you have enough macky m8,:unsure: its a shame nick was feeling rough but thats boat fishn,:doh:top time guys thnx.Aj.:boat::thumbs:

SS the macky were mostly small/mediums with a few large but i think at the mo you'd be very lucky to bag up on med /large or large imo.Aj.:)

·
She Pirate and Global Moderator
12,623 Posts
Brilliant report and lovely pics, well done..

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice sesh you guys! We had a boat competition today with Meva club with mackeral, pollack, whiting, pouting, l.s.d, bass, mullet, red gurnard and even a John Dory coming to the scales....and not one was undersize!! cheers Steve. :victory::victory:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Nice sesh you guys! We had a boat competition today with Meva club with mackeral, pollack, whiting, pouting, l.s.d, bass, mullet, red gurnard and even a John Dory coming to the scales....and not one was undersize!! cheers Steve. :victory::victory:
Cool steve,you fished the fishn race then top man who's boat did you fish on,i did think there were a lot of boats about today and 4got it was that time of year,well done.:victory::victory::victory:Aj

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
I thought the meva boat comp was the other week?????? Aquila won on the species,is the meva club a different comp???????:unsure::unsure::unsure:

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
We did have a good run of mackerel around owen rock a week or so ago, just wondering if they were still around.
Since then it has all been up the east side from us, off whitsand bay and rame head.
When you can get through the small stuff mid-water and jig your line on the bottom there are some proper large mackerel about.
The odd large one we caught was on the bottom Ed.:victory:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I thought the meva boat comp was the other week?????? Aquila won on the species,is the meva club a different comp???????:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Yes Tommo....it was the boat section of wot we call "the fishing race" which is a species hunt! I dont take part in it because it encourages people to bring small/maybe undersize fish to the scales....fish that would normally be returned!! :thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Cool steve,you fished the fishn race then top man who's boat did you fish on,i did think there were a lot of boats about today and 4got it was that time of year,well done.:victory::victory::victory:Aj
Hey come on buddy, you know me better than that!! I just did the weigh in! Sorry i havent been round, been so busy with work and stuff, but will try to come round this week....one afternoon ok as i am working in the mornings all week?...except today as i am going guinea pig hunting in Devon!!!!:mad::mad:

·
Registered
25,175 Posts
12 bore makes more mess lol carnage all the way :bounce:
LOL Lucky its guinea pigs and not Ajs favourite big eared furry things!!!!!:help:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.