World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to head out tonight on the East Beach, after my trip a week and a half ago which resulted in just a small eel, which:

A) caused me to also chuck my lucky hand wiping cloth into the sea along with the titchy eel.

B) Losing what felt like a decent cod (classic slack liner then decent thumps, then off.

C) Missing a similar bite on my other rod whilst quickly trying to rebaiting the first one, as I muttered "****, ****... ****" to myself.

D) Returning home smelling like crap after having to wipe off squid guber and black lug juice on my trousers. Scaring the bejesus out of the sleeping puppy/dog when getting back to the house, wearing my floatation jacket, hat and headlamp with the 'whiff-ometer' reading maximum.

I think I mentioned this all in a previous post, so apologies for the senior moment, but I can't be arsed to rewrite it. lol

I'll report back later tonight and memo to myself before I go: [Pack 2 x hand wiping towels]

Anyone else out tonight?

John.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I be out with the old man in aldwick I think mate

·
Registered
385 Posts
Good luck John. I've got to wait until Friday night for my next sesh. Might be Selsey East again, or Pagham. Not sure yet. Hope the conditions are favourable tonight and they don't spit your hooks.

Mark

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Decided to head out tonight on the East Beach, after my trip a week and a half ago which resulted in just a small eel, which:

A) caused me to also chuck my lucky hand wiping cloth into the sea along with the titchy eel.

B) Losing what felt like a decent cod (classic slack liner then decent thumps, then off.

C) Missing a similar bite on my other rod whilst quickly trying to rebaiting the first one, as I muttered "****, ****... ****" to myself.

D) Returning home smelling like crap after having to wipe off squid guber and black lug juice on my trousers. Scaring the bejesus out of the sleeping puppy/dog when getting back to the house, wearing my floatation jacket, hat and headlamp with the 'whiff-ometer' reading maximum.

I think I mentioned this all in a previous post, so apologies for the senior moment, but I can't be arsed to rewrite it. lol

I'll report back later tonight and memo to myself before I go: [Pack 2 x hand wiping towels]

Anyone else out tonight?

John.
Could you not have took it home or threw it in a bin? No different really to irresponsible "chucking" of bait wrappers etc:nonono:

·
Registered
307 Posts
The way I read it, I presumed the "chucking" to be accidental.

Can't imagine anyone would admit to littering on this forum.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The way I read it, I presumed the "chucking" to be accidental.

Can't imagine anyone would admit to littering on this forum.
Actually I'll make you right,eel snot very sticky,cloth stick to eel and hey presto,I unreservedly apologise and will now sit in the corner and eat shyte all night ( with the odd number in between)

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
It was accidental, I remember the original thread. Towel went in by accident when returning the eel. Remember kids, no snot covered towel is worth your life!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The chucking in of the towel was accidental, not deliberate, as he chucked the eel back the towel went too. I fish with buzzerjj (my fiance) a lot and he never leaves anything behind on the beach, in fact he often takes away other rubbish and any old line he finds. He is back now and apparently it was a big fat bank tonight, but hey, he came back with his towel so it's not all bad.lol.

He will post a report tomorrow am.

Cheers

Jean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.