World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going wrecking tomorow on shogun from lymington .
Any advice on whats hot to use at the minute would be great cheer's Andy

C

·
0 Posts
Shads, redgill and jelly worms are usually all thats needed on the south coast. Possible some conger traces if there is any chance of anchoring it at slack water.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shads, redgill and jelly worms are usually all thats needed on the south coast. Possible some conger traces if there is any chance of anchoring it at slack water.
cheers for that I have loads of storm shads,fire tails,eels and pirk's with 7/0 hokai's
The slack is only 20 min's sono bottom fishing. Hope we get some fish report tommorow night

T

·
0 Posts
Get Rob to head Waaaaayyyyyyyyy West instead of waaaaayyyyyy South.

The best fish are 15miles South West of Portland Bill.

T

·
0 Posts
The only reason I mentioned it was Rob took a crew out from the PBSBAC lot last Friday.
Rob worked his socks off and they ended it up pretty close to Cherbourg, but had a really hard day with something like half a dozen fish (small ones too) to the whole charter.
The boats 15 miles to the SW of Portland are averaging around 50 fish a day with a few clonkers still showing.

My thoughts are simpy that the distance over to the French marks is about the same as the distance to the wrecks off West.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Going out from Exmouth on the Rose-Ann. Will report back on what and where.

Piccies if I can sus out the piccie thingy (Camera).

T

·
0 Posts
Hi Terry

You may well fish the same wrecks as I mentioned above.
When I was out a couple of weeks ago the Weymouth boats and the Exmouth boats were fishing alongside each other.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only reason I mentioned it was Rob took a crew out from the PBSBAC lot last Friday.
Rob worked his socks off and they ended it up pretty close to Cherbourg, but had a really hard day with something like half a dozen fish (small ones too) to the whole charter.
The boats 15 miles to the SW of Portland are averaging around 50 fish a day with a few clonkers still showing.

My thoughts are simpy that the distance over to the French marks is about the same as the distance to the wrecks off West.
he did say that, suppose they are still patchy but karl from this forum has done well on these wrecks twice in row.Will tell him see what he thinks.Has been a weird year for the pollack sea temp must have buggerd them up.

T

·
0 Posts
Rob is a top guy and whatever you do he will work his socks off I just know that the central channel has been hard work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Gd luck andy, looking forward to hearing a gd report. We're wrecking on friday :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am out with rob on Saturday, will be very interested how you go, what you catch on.

Hope you get a load, but be a gent and leave some for me:)

T

·
0 Posts
I am sure you are half way to France by now, but hope you have a great day.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Dont know about water temp but there have been a few other factors's.:schmoll:

Heavy comercial pressure on the wreck's to the west! Intercepting any fish moving up the channel!:uhuh:

Water colour has been very bad!:uhuh:
Big tide's two week's ago were a disaster for all the fishing!:uhuh:

When the water does clear there are numbers of Pollack on the wrecks! A 15kg fish was taken be a wreck netter two weeks ago on one of the wrecks that are usually targeted by Weymouth boats. So, the biggy is out there. Where there's one there's more.:clap3:

Flatties are putting in a good show now but tide strength and direction (ebb or flood) will affect catches from day to day.:g:

Out Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues. Fishing Sun & Tues myself will report back!:) :boat: :clap3:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dont know about water temp but there have been a few other factors's.:schmoll:

Heavy comercial pressure on the wreck's to the west! Intercepting any fish moving up the channel!:uhuh:

Water colour has been very bad!:uhuh:
Big tide's two week's ago were a disaster for all the fishing!:uhuh:

When the water does clear there are numbers of Pollack on the wrecks! A 15kg fish was taken be a wreck netter two weeks ago on one of the wrecks that are usually targeted by Weymouth boats. So, the biggy is out there. Where there's one there's more.:clap3:

Flatties are putting in a good show now but tide strength and direction (ebb or flood) will affect catches from day to day.:g:

Out Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues. Fishing Sun & Tues myself will report back!:) :boat: :clap3:
water temp was14c

1 - 20 of 20 Posts