World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there im thinking of buying a new outboard for my 17ft pilot fastfisher what would be my best buy in the region of 50 or 60hp 2 stroke,4 stroke or diesel any advice please cheers james :thumbs: :fishing1:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hi there im thinking of buying a new outboard for my 17ft pilot fastfisher what would be my best buy in the region of 50 or 60hp 2 stroke,4 stroke or diesel any advice please cheers james :thumbs: :fishing1:
Doubt you can even get a 50-60hp outboard diesel??but if you want something cheap and reliable,a look at the tohatsu tldi range,or if you want to spend a bit more,any of the modern 4strokes are good,id go for a 4stroke,better on fuel,and you dont need ear plugs!:thumbs:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oars, go for Oars - otherwise which ever you get, someone will say you should have gone he other way.

I like Evinrude Etecs 2 strokes if you are going for a new Engine, though I doubt any of the four strokes would disappoint.

If going second hand I'd definitely go for a two stroke, less to go wrong and cheaper to have professionally serviced ( which is always worth doing once a year ).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts