World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 18ft dory with an Evinrude 35hp engine. The engine was thrown in as it was only the boat that was actually for sale. There were obvious problems with the outboard, but as it turned out, there were £700 worth of problems with it. There was no way I was going to pay that much to get such an old engine fixed.
I am having problems finding another engine, so I was wondering if anyone has an engine for sale, or knows of anyone who has an engine for sale that would push my little boat along?.
I have tried boats and outboards, but nothing. I would rather not try Ebay as that is an unknown quantity and I dont want to travel half way round the country to look at a peice of scrap.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys

FLATTY

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Personaly i would watch flea bay and only follow up on local area,so that you can inspect and RUN IT then bid obviously if the seller avoids leave alone,seen a few local state running but old story go and check first == PAT

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
www.adtrader.co.uk it is the best way of tracing local boats & engines etc, I'm sure you will find something in your area, e-bay is full of "I think its late 80s, but I know nothing about engines, it used to be my fathers":nonono:
I find adtrader much better & usually stuff is just around the corner:yeah:
blueskip

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
What are you actually hoping to pay for a replacement engine?
Cor you were in there quickly Tom, obviously you have a bargain lurking somewhere? is it attached to a very nice Quicksilver? If it is, & its under the £700 mentioned, I'll have it!:yeah:
blueskip

·
Registered
453 Posts
on the boats and outboards web site there is a 20hp Mariner Electric Start, Longshaft. (F138909) in Ashford(kent) for£450.00

or your could try Crayside Marine who sometimes has got outboards for sale http://www.craysidemarine.co.uk/

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Try Kings Marine in Chertsey too- I got my 50hp from them and it was a damn good deal.

I've got a spares/repair short shaft 20hp Johnson for sale here that I got from Scottonjane if you want to take a chance and it's the right length. It fires up but doesn't pump water and pops and bangs a bit-prob needs new plugs/points/condenser and an impeller but I'vce not really looked at it as I happened to be in the right place/right time for another engine. £135 to anyone who wants it.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts