World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been and picked my stand up from the powder coaters. Very pleased with it so far. Just need some wood to finish along the clamp rails.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oh god I'm way too embarrassed to show you mine then. A short length of decking timber, screwed into the side of my work bench...

In my defence, it only has to hold a spare 2.5hp Suzuki....

Must try harder!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good job, looks nice and solid.

An old sack barrow works well for a little outboard.
Having said that, I had my Honda 50 on it last year on a hope and a prayer.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been toying with making some smaller ones for retail, proper heavy duty construction with provision for chain and lock etc. Guessing quite a few people remove engines for the winter season, seeing what's on offer for £50-100, could be viable..... What ya reckon?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why not make two or three put them on the bay and see what happens ?. I like the idea of the caster's on the red one.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think these would be your main competition on ebay for less than £40.
Dunno, wouldn't want to put too much weight on that looking at it, it looks sub £40. Would you entrust an £8000 on it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its rated at 350kg but others rated for up to 500kg are around for £60-70
Also available at Machinemart though slightly more expensive.
They're made from 3mm thick box so very solid - I've had big V8's mounted on them pushed up and down bumpy yards with no problem.

No doubt the purpose built jobbies are far better for the purpose but I'm just illustrating the competition if you wanted to sell them.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Its rated at 350kg but others rated for up to 500kg are around for £60-70
Also available at Machinemart though slightly more expensive.
They're made from 3mm thick box so very solid - I've had big V8's mounted on them pushed up and down bumpy yards with no problem.

No doubt the purpose built jobbies are far better for the purpose but I'm just illustrating the competition if you wanted to sell them.
Just looked on machine mart, makes sense now, car engine stands.... To be fair, the draper one looks better made, but on both the wheels are cheap and nasty. A pair of wheels rated for that weight will set you back £30 which kind of puts things in perspective. Was trying to work out how that would work for an outboard but it won't, loading is all wrong. But yeah, always good to know whats out there.....:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts