World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you got any manufacturers names for manual lift outdrive legs rather than hydraulic that may be available in UK.

I know Enfield and Ocean, are there any others so I can google and get some technical data. I need two and dont have any problem with manual lift.:)

G

·
Stan

Maunal lift will be fine and save you quite a lot, but you really won't get the best out of your boat with them as the legs do more than simply lift out of the way for beaching. Their primary role is to enable you to get a better ride, better performance and better economy by adjusting them whilst underway.

You definitely going for twin engines now rather than a single?

Tom

·
Registered
13,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom, yup, decision made, twin 80-100`s. Was twin 140`s for 32knts but I`m happy enough with 12-15knts, what I`m looking for is within 5-7 miles . As to the trim, thats what hydraulic tabs are for :)

Was a fun drive, 417 miles with 26ft trailer and 3 ton on the back of a jeep, 40-50mph max

G

·
Try and get a cruising speed of 15knots rather than a maximum of 15 otherwise she will wallow a lot and be really uncomfortable to control.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Any photo's of her Stan, we need to be able to recognise you when your cruising around Luce bay, Snatchers week,

·
Registered
724 Posts
You know, I reckon some of those big Tuna that are getting caught off Donegal must follow the Gulf Stream up the west coast of Scotland following the herring and Mackerel shoals, are you going for a first

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.