Planning on visiting here next time I’m out it looks super fishy

Any info on this area please

Appreciated

Josh

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree I thought it would be with the almighty bank off to 200ft.
Will have a look over slack maybe

There’s a wreck showing up little further behind it that I might try anchoring instead
the Axweel wreck .

See if we can pull a conger out

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Josh, the Owers is not a great place for a small boat like yours, so you need to be careful, only fish it on a small tide, it's mainly fished on the drift with live sandeels for Bass and the nearby Whisky Banks are good for Turbot and Brill, The Owers is also good for big Tope, but they will have been long gone by now.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh, the Owers is not a great place for a small boat like yours, so you need to be careful, only fish it on a small tide, it's mainly fished on the drift with live sandeels for Bass and the nearby Whisky Banks are good for Turbot and Brill, The Owers is also good for big Tope, but they will have been long gone by now.
Hi Steve

How are you ?
I’m a now the proud owner of a 165

A whole lot stronger than the seajeep as you can imagine. I’ll only be going in decent forecast also . I’ll be vigilant

Yeah I’m probabaly going to see if I can anchor the wrecks round there.

And avoid the elbow during the running tide

Think I’ll be ok in the warrior out there ?

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Hi Steve

How are you ?

A whole lot stronger than the seajeep as you can imagine. I’ll only be going in decent forecast also . I’ll be vigilant

Yeah I’m probably going to see if I can anchor the wrecks round there.

Hi Josh

I'm good thanks

Glad to hear you now have a Warrior 165, they are nice boats, although a little overpriced for my liking.

In the coming weeks think about motoring down to the Fingers Bank at the bottom of the Nab Channel, in a Warrior it's not that far from you, if you don't where it is I can send you a pm.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Josh

I'm good thanks

Glad to hear you now have a Warrior 165, they are nice boats, although a little overpriced for my liking.

In the coming weeks think about motoring down to the Fingers Bank at the bottom of the Nab Channel, in a Warrior it's not that far from you, if you don't where it is I can send you a pm.

Yes also I’ll be coming from itchneor now

That ramp will pull the boat trailer and car down with that weight

Speak to you on Pm

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hi Steve

How are you ?

Yeah I’m probabaly going to see if I can anchor the wrecks round there.

Hi Josh,
Me and my Dad have been out at the owers in our 165. A bit uncomfortable while at anchor on the eastern side, it does cause a fair chop on an otherwise flat day.
We might try that area this weekend for some bass now that we can keep one each, forecast looks good at the moment. I'll put up a report if we catch

Reactions: Hsoj

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Josh,
Me and my Dad have been out at the owers in our 165. A bit uncomfortable while at anchor on the eastern side, it does cause a fair chop on an otherwise flat day.
We might try that area this weekend for some bass now that we can keep one each, forecast looks good at the moment. I'll put up a report if we catch
May see you there mate

Yeah I imagine the elbow itself is rough how far ish distance around it does it affect usually if it chops?

I may just stay out a little deeper than the rip area

Good luck

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
May see you there mate

Yeah I imagine the elbow itself is rough how far ish distance around it does it affect usually if it chops?

I may just stay out a little deeper than the rip area

Good luck
We fished it on the flood with the tide flowing from the west, so the back (east) side was choppy upto around 150m behind the bank. Theres plenty of other banks in that area to explore too, that's what we'll be doing - trying out some new ones.
Yeah, might see you out there
Tight lines

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We fished it on the flood with the tide flowing from the west, so the back (east) side was choppy upto around 150m behind the bank. Theres plenty of other banks in that area to explore too, that's what we'll be doing - trying out some new ones.
Yeah, might see you out there
Tight lines
Yeah fair dos mate

Should be ebb tide on Saturday for the most part and little eastly winds so she may not chop up too much

All the best pal

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Yeah fair dos mate

Should be ebb tide on Saturday for the most part and little eastly winds so she may not chop up too much

All the best pal
Wind should mainly be light Westerlies :)

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
There are still a few Mackerel about and a few decent Smoothhounds, it's that time of the year when you could catch anything, a friend went out to the Spoil Grounds yesterday and caught 8 species including Mackerel, Hounds, Rays, Bass, Conger and Whiting, but no Cod

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
There are still a few Mackerel about and a few decent Smoothhounds, it's that time of the year when you could catch anything, a friend went out to the Spoil Grounds yesterday and caught 8 species including Mackerel, Hounds, Rays, Bass, Conger and Whiting, but no Cod
:) A few years ago I went out about this time and had nice hounds, conger, rays and cod. Not bad considering it was a cod trip and I only had squid for bait. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts