World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a trip out with Vic today, first mark was an attempt at triggerfish and bream.

Vic had his first trigger this year.

Col175 with a nice trigger.

All I caught was doggies and a dragonet

We tried deeper water and caught some mackerel, dabs and gurnard.

The wind and swell picked up so we came inshore.

Vic had a smoothound, more gurnard and mackerel. I had more mackerel, my first smoothound (vic will put up a pic later), dabs and gurnard.

An enjoyable day, Vic rated it as a quiet day on the catch front but we finished with 8 species.

Dab, mackerel, triggerfish, grey gurnard, tub gurnard, dogfish, smoothound and a dragonet.

Cant count the numerous starfish.

Good day and nice to have a break in the weather. Much appreciated offer to fish on cleavage.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Today was a "first day" for young Marc, first time small boat fishing, first dragonet, first smoothound, first DAB?:nonono: mackerel were scarce as were dabs but he had enough for a feed by the end of the day.
Wilba & Col got into the triggers by using my ground baiting trail, which was drifting into the wreck, I couldn't stay there when Marc said "My top hook is out of the water, & theres a big black thing about 6ft below us" I knew it was time to cut my losses & get from there, leaving it to the kayakers. Were you all watching "Cockleshell Heroes" yesterday? never seen so many kayaks as were there today, still I suppose they are better than jetskis!:whistling: INCOMING!!!!:roll1:

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Great session mate :thumbs: Nice to see the triggers are about after the unsettled weather we've been having.

Me and my mate fished with crab from the shore about in line with the wreck for a few hours and both blanked :sad2:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I haven't been to Specsavers so you all look the same from a distance:fishing:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nice little sesh vic ,if paid 4 was with you id be waiting for the oh no.
seems you had gone to plan day lol.
tight lines roamer.
ps is the arrow still on the rock face showing where the wreck is or am i going blind ?

Its still there mate.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
what is this? the blind forum? lol! well done, lads. nice species list there.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
nice report and photo's. good to see triggers showing :fish: we fished langland outer reef in the morning and had some bream and smuts. stayed untill the swells got too big. tried the mixon and swigg for mackies but none showing. heard over the radio "growler crew" were about so headed for safety in swansea bay!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts