World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys, I'm off next week and wanted to try somewhere new, so was thinking about Oxwich, never been there before don't know the best way to fish it, where to fish, what baits. Was planning a high water session in the Morning on Wed or Thu for the large tides. Could anyone give me best directions, coming from Barry. And any ideas of where to fish from, what baits and tactics, any piccies would be appreciated too!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Over high water the best place to fish Oxwich is off the rocks by the church.
I have not fished there for a number of years over high water as I usually chase the bass there over low water.
Expect to catch dogs, hounds, coalfish, pollock, whiting and bass. Quite a mixed bag but don't rely on anything to be very big.
Good luck' let us know how you get on.

·
MARCHING ON TOGETHER!
10,506 Posts
Over high water the best place to fish Oxwich is off the rocks by the church.
I have not fished there for a number of years over high water as I usually chase the bass there over low water.
Expect to catch dogs, hounds, coalfish, pollock, whiting and bass. Quite a mixed bag but don't rely on anything to be very big.
Good luck' let us know how you get on.

2 choices m8 as said by silverbar the church rocks are ok or you could if there's no swells fish the wreck but that involves a long trek either up the steps or along the beach at low water this month dont expect alot mind best april onwards up till late sept all in all my fav gower mk execpt cefn sidan which is further west tightlines andy ILSF..:boat: :boat:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I love fishing oxwich in the summer,most of the time by the church.good fishing to be had by the wreck or further out at the point,BE CAREFUL of the tide tho,it can cut you off,although you can climb the rocks behind you.fished there 2 wks ago,too rough off the rocks,so fished the slipway on beach,had 2 small bass and a couple of whiting.also if you go onto the beach and turn left,keep walking and you will come across a river,some nice bass and flounder to be caught there in the summer.

M

·
0 Posts
I walked out to the point last year (quite a hike) but didn't notice any wreck. Is it visible at low tide or is there some kind of marker to ID it?
as you walk out to the piont theres a big w with a arrow pointing down.it is visible on highish tides at low tide.in the summer theres a maker bouy above it for the divers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts