World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, im pondering going down oxwich bay tommorow eve, its a pretty big tide but hav,nt fished there in quite a while... just wondering if its any good down there and also what baits would you recomend???? or am i wasting my time!! cheers. wrighty123

·
Registered
325 Posts
try and fish the razor bed on an incoming tide with razor and lug ,obviously but keep the rod in your hand and use a 3 oz clock style weight its one of the only places that works when the boats cant get round the point.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Went to oxwich yesterday. A bunch of numpties there lol. A few guys fishing there from low up (on a 13m lol) ..didn't see them catch anything.

I didn't catch anything either... even though I had some cracking bait..except one of their 'long lines'.

Cast out from chapel rocks about 80-90 yards and when I came to reel it in thought maybe i'd hooked a little ray on my bass rod haha...but nevermind. Pulled in a shocking looking rig with a big 5 or 6 oz on it...whilst untangling it from my mainline, felt it tugging and realised it wasn't a lost rig but still attached to their rod and reel! Turned out they'd just left their lines out for ..pfft..about 200 yards! The multiple hooks of the rig they were using very almost diggin into my hands as they just continued to crank the handle and rig back to shore. :nono:Thanks for the consideration guys:huh:

I like the mark but will now leave it to the tourists,fine weather fishers/mackerel bashers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts