World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me ,steve,and andy 2728 launched from knab rock at 7am this morning. mumbles was like a millpond but as we headed round mumbles head the swells were quite big so we headed into caswell bay for a bit of shelter.:: once anchored were quickly into the dogs and a couple of school bass.:clap3: we then headed down to oxwich while trolling some feathers as far as pwlldu point but no macky were showing:g: once down at oxwich wreck we decided to drift with some live sandeel.:blink: first drift i was sraipght in to a bass of about 2lb. :clap3: 2nd drift i had another bass of about 2.5lb :cl: 3rd drift and andy was into something good on the float fished eel.:clap3: he was using his toy spinning rod and fish was taking full advantage:clap3: well done ANDY, 5lb bass straightt into the net.:clap2: while steve was contemplating how to kill it i quickly slipped it back in the water:c: should of seen andys face.:after a few more small bass, pollock and a stray garfish we headed out to the knoll.:boat: once anchored we were quickly into dabs ,more bass,dogs and some nice smoothhound action.:: boy do those smoothies go on the light tackle:clap2: lots of smoothies,biggest going nearly 10lb: finished off the day back in mumbles with a few more schoolies:3: brill day out. back in at 7pm.:) DEAN.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
:clap2: :clap2: yea excelent day,cheers dean,it was funny with the bass,i was contenplating taking it back for the mrs or letting it go:g: (you know what its like,youre fishing all the time,where are the bloody fish):unsure: ,any way,b4 steve could dispatch it,dean slipped it back:clap3: wasnt to upset dean, made my mind up for me:clap3: .that smoothie of yours was a cracker :clap2: and steves bass was a beast to ey?

M

·
0 Posts
me ,steve,and andy 2728 launched from knab rock at 7am this morning. mumbles was like a millpond but as we headed round mumbles head the swells were quite big so we headed into caswell bay for a bit of shelter.:: once anchored were quickly into the dogs and a couple of school bass.:clap3: we then headed down to oxwich while trolling some feathers as far as pwlldu point but no macky were showing:g: once down at oxwich wreck we decided to drift with some live sandeel.:blink: first drift i was sraipght in to a bass of about 2lb. :clap3: 2nd drift i had another bass of about 2.5lb :cl: 3rd drift and andy was into something good on the float fished eel.:clap3: he was using his toy spinning rod and fish was taking full advantage:clap3: well done ANDY, 5lb bass straightt into the net.:clap2: while steve was contemplating how to kill it i quickly slipped it back in the water:c: should of seen andys face.:after a few more small bass, pollock and a stray garfish we headed out to the knoll.:boat: once anchored we were quickly into dabs ,more bass,dogs and some nice smoothhound action.:: boy do those smoothies go on the light tackle:clap2: lots of smoothies,biggest going nearly 10lb: finished off the day back in mumbles with a few more schoolies:3: brill day out. back in at 7pm.:) DEAN.
andy lost his rod n reel it sunk steve had it back

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
:clap2: :clap2: yea excelent day,cheers dean,it was funny with the bass,i was contenplating taking it back for the mrs or letting it go:g: (you know what its like,youre fishing all the time,where are the bloody fish):unsure: ,any way,b4 steve could dispatch it,dean slipped it back:clap3: wasnt to upset dean, made my mind up for me:clap3: .that smoothie of yours was a cracker :clap2: and steves bass was a beast to ey?
well done guys,i bet that bass would have tasted nice andy.:clap3:

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I would have gone today given the forecast, but my "Motley Crew" hasn't been in contact & could well be working in the big city! plus I was unhappy with the wind yesterday, & being a "boring old fart" I didn't think it would subside enough to get around the Head today!:nonono:
Obviously I was wrong! but at least I saved my "fixtures & fittings" from a battering because he never got in touch, & next week its England v Wales, the boat stays at home that day regardless!:yeah:
blueskip

M

·
0 Posts
cool,when are you out next?,i havn't been fishing for 2 weeks now:schmoll:
a paul c the women looking @me yesturday 1 out on a boat and 1 comeing home mate.the one coming home i made here blush:kissing: :kissing: :kissing:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
sounds like an awsome day boys...im hopin to get out on friday what bait did u have the smothhoud on and what rigs do u use 4 the live sandell .thanks jay

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sounds like an awsome day boys...im hopin to get out on friday what bait did u have the smothhoud on and what rigs do u use 4 the live sandell .thanks jay
hi jay,all the smoothies were taking king rag and peeler,but the bigger fish were on the peeler. live eels were on the float and running ledger,with the bigger bass on the float.(oxwich point):clap3: DEAN.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
thanks m8 big help im hoping to get out thursday or friday did u have the smothhound off the knol bank do you no of any other marks i could try 4 them thanks jay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts