·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know if this has been posted b4 but take a look

·
Registered
506 Posts
Read about it in the western mail a few days ago......i always thought them goose barnicles were a tropical species :blink:??
that thing makes my skin crawl and my head itch!!! urrrggghhH!

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
I have seen goose barnacles washed up on Swansea beach a few times, not quite such a big colony though.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
wish i was in the area, these things sell for a fortune in portugal in the bars, would of had a few bagfulls for the bbq.

·
Registered
638 Posts
true, and the fishermen die to get them they are so prized. Best ones are found in the big waves that hit the rocks hence its so dangerous.

·
Registered
121 Posts
me and a fishingbud found a log/branch washed up on the Port Talbot long-arm covered with them much earlier in the year...couldn't fathom what they were, and could only find one picture of them and that was on a far-east website.
emailed to some coastal environment agency type organisation thinking it may be a tropical invasive species that had migrated via the ballast tanks of the transglobal container ships docking at the long-arm.
never heard back from them though....must have thought I was from the hills and never been to the seaside before:doh:

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Seen the colony today down Oxwich, looking a bit sad they are dead and starting to smell:wallbash:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts