World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to oxwich last night on my own and what a sesh it turned out to be.
final tally was 9 bass from 1/2lb up to 61/2 lbwith another about 5 1/2lb.
also had a fish straighten out size 4 hooks on a flattie trace so stepped up to size 1 on a two hook flapper and got a rod wrenching bite that straightened the hooks again!!!sh*t happens!!!.
I was fishing about a miles walk to the left next to a small stream and most fish were taken on the ebb to lug and rag baits.all fish returned,

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
heard about them being in that spot before,but never seen any there.good to see you found them on the right day:)

·
Registered
698 Posts
well done mate:clap3: , funny thing is i was looking at that spot on flash earth last night and thought it looked a good spot.....youve just answered it for me:)

·
Team Hr jones
5,903 Posts
also had a fish straighten out size 4 hooks on a flattie trace so stepped up to size 1 on a two hook flapper and got a rod wrenching bite that straightened the hooks again!!!sh*t happens!!!.
I was fishing about a miles walk to the left next to a small stream and most fish were taken on the ebb to lug and rag baits.all fish returned,
cracking sesion well done.:clap2: fished oxwich once just couple small flat ones,what so speacial down by the stream AL ATWICK

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
That Oxwich is crap! but unfortunately some of you dont believe me! Cefn Sidan & Llangenith are equally useless on the wrong tides & at the wrong times!;)
blueskip

·
Registered
24,829 Posts
That Oxwich is crap! but unfortunately some of you dont believe me! Cefn Sidan & Llangenith are equally useless on the wrong tides & at the wrong times!;)
blueskip
:secret: So why have you convinced us lot to come and fish Oxwich with you Blue Skip ...were those pathetic sessions the most productive ones then ???:unsure:

·
Registered
396 Posts
nice session mate you should have kept a small one for my supper as that,s the only way i,ll see a bass at the moment . see you thursday

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Well done - Ive got a night booked in July in the hotel there :) looking forward to it

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry but no photo's,the reason i picked the stream was because it's a "feature"that might hold fish,my theory behind this is that when the tide ebbs , any loose food will be washed to the mouth of the stream,also there was a wedding bash at the hotel with a marque outside and i don,t think the fish liked the loud music and came my way,fish were alll caught fairly close in.
hope this answered all youre questions

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
:secret: So why have you convinced us lot to come and fish Oxwich with you Blue Skip ...were those pathetic sessions the most productive ones then ???:unsure:
Reason 1, to gather razorfish, not necessarily the best time or tide to FISH Oxwich!;)
Reason 2, you were there as medical cover, to put my thumb back together!;)
blueskip

1 - 17 of 17 Posts